Nereus

The waves crashed the shores, the wind hurls stinging as it pass by my skin. It is tumultuous and peaceful at the same time.
I was sitting atop a rock overlooking the raging waves of the vast ocean as the sunset.
I whipped my tail for a splash of water making it wet and moist again for the winds are eager to dry it off, my scales with sands and sea salt rubbed against the waters.
It's long stretching over 4ft at most with fins dancing swaying on its side as the water moves.
Its pearly white color almost as pale as my skin sparkled with the red sun setting over the horizon.
It was one of those afternoons I'd always gaze at as the day ends and darkness envelopes the sea.
I grazed at my jet-black hair stretching my hands like I was reaching for the stars. I was never one to grow it long for it obstructs my view when I swim and it's a lot to maintain. Offel once said I looked like a highlander minus the tail I would pass as a human.

Speaking of Offel I miss that guy though he passed in a good way, he had reached his full cycle and passing is the only way to go. I am nearing my full cycle as well. I looked down at the pearl I was holding it was made into a necklace, it was the last tear Offel had given me it was a teardrop-shaped pearl pinkish-white the tears of Offel's joy.
I knew he was tired and had been waiting for the day of his passing a being that lived a hundred years to oversee times change would be exhausted at some point.
He was sad as well hence the whitish color that he would be leaving his beloved Nereus all alone.
He would joke around calling me Nerreyyy when he gets bored oh his ear-splitting whines, I would chuckle remembering the goofball. In the last moments, we shared he has all curled up on me sad that I would be all alone.
He died peacefully in my arms to his sleep I watched it all end for him to witness his last moments is an honor for me.

Though there would be none hugging me to my sleep as I slumbered to my death, I was the last of my kind.
Fate must be cruel towards me leaving me in solitary until I can become one with the seas once more.
A tear escapes my eyes white as my tail cascaded down my face and turned into pearls.
As my daily routine, I sang my lullaby to Offel as he slept through his death.
The winds murmured and the waves howled making it a lament of a symphony.
I sang my heart out the melody left my lips as tears flowed and pearls twinkled on the sands each one burrowed as the waves washed them over to the shore.
My beloved Offel has passed and left me all alone. It has been a decade but it felt as if it was just yesterday.
I heard a rustle from far away I was panicked, immediately crawling my way to the shore, I didn't expect humans would make their way from out here, It was a first so I hastily moved, wading my way to the shores and swimming far deep to hide.
As I made my way back to my haven O noticed Offel's tear is not on my grasp or my neck anymore.
I must have dropped it as I was hurrying. My heart hurt from my carelessness it was such an important memory of Offel and the only one.
That night I cried myself to sleep it was like mourning Offel all over again but this time it was letting him go.

Maybe it was the seas telling me not to ponder and stay in the memories of Offel and me, accepting the reality that I must go on and continue living this solidarity that is all left for me.