Taylen

What was it there was a beautiful melody floating in the air seems as if angels had flown down from the heavens. I followed where the sound was much louder as if luring me to go over and present myself to whoever was singing.

I had come down from the city escaping the stress and pressure of living in a populated area had I chosen to go abroad no, as work still ties me up and the need for constant communication with the company ended me being at our vacation house near the sea at the province.
After making transactions online closing my laptop I headed out with my camera to catch the sun setting.
The serene feel and the raging waves that hit the shores lulled me, I had the sudden urge to lie on the sands and feel the wind in the surroundings.
Photography was a hobby of mine, I kept snapping pictures that interested me when I realized I'd come out too far onto a more secluded place at the beach.

When I heard that wonderful angelic singing, I followed the voice imagination or not I must know whoever was that singing.
It led me to the corner of the beach littered with rocks, big and small toppled one another and on a huge boulder, there was a man perched on it. His back facing me I must be seeing wrong this is a private property bought by my family what is a man half-naked doing here.
When I realized he was the one singing I was in awe I kept mum and observed him. As the sunset something sparkling caught my eye, a fishtail? It made me step back a little is he a mermaid? I thought it was all just a myth.

I was itching to capture the creature in front of me but feared what it may do if it hears the click of my camera overthrow all other reasons.
I gazed at the beautiful pearly white scales that glitter in the sun, his back also sparkled as some were littered with a few scales, he had a toned body my body pales in comparison to him. And I'd if I can see his face, I sat quietly listening to him it was a sad tune it feels as if a lover that had left and he is waiting for its return. Then pearls started dropping from him rolled down the rocks making sounds then being engulfed by the sands as the night sky came to be and stars showered the dark skies it was a picture out of a fairytale I thought I was dreaming if it was. It will be a dream to remember.
He stopped singing and sighed loudly enough that I could hear, I guess my cue to approach him so I abruptly stood but then I guess it alarmed him as he turned sideways then jumped to the sands into the shore.

I saw a glimpse of his face his jet black hair paired with brown doe eyes h seemed harmless with those red lips I wonder what he looked like singing his song how those lips opened and closed in each melody. Before I had called him he was gone, but why would I call him what would I say?

I walked to where he sat and saw pearls scattered on the ground I picked one and inspected it, so it seemed true that mermaids shed pearls when they cry. He must have felt so sad to cry so many pearls, did it hurt it must have. Then from the corner of my eye, I saw a string with a pinkish pearl swaying in the sands picking it up, it was different from the pearls he shed one was white as snow the other with a tinge of pink.

Was it a necklace inspecting it closely, I got startled when my phone rang pocketing the pink pearl and some white pearls on the ground. Thinking Id collect them and when I see him again I will return his pearls to him as well as his necklace.
It's with me for safekeeping until then.