Found You

Taylen

After a year...

I came back again for vacation, since that sunset he never left my mind. Thinking it may have been just a dream but the necklace was real wrapped around my wrists and never took it off once. These white pearls are still kept in a glass jar in my room.

I came back there for days I waited for him, he was nowhere. I even tried camping out for two days but still nothing till I came back and had been busy with work since then now and then remembering that face I saw in a glance sometimes it comes blurry and clear in my dreams.

"I wanna see him smile"- Taylen

I said to myself as I strolled around the same beach at the same time and with the same sunset draping over the horizon. My destination is the rocky part of the shore.
I was not hoping but a part of me thinks that he must be there, as I am not so sure why I am attached to this feeling about wanting to see him.

And then there he was on that spot again facing the sunset.
I wasted no time in getting near him, as he felt my presence he was about to jump when I held my hands in front waving to him.

"Please wait! I won't harm you!!"-Taylen

He looked at me incredulously as if sizing me up if I was lying or not. Slowly I untangled the bracelet that had the pink pearl from my wrist and showed it to him.

"I came to give you this back, wait can you understand me uhmmm how to" - Taylen

"I can understand you" - Nereus

He said still alarmed and wary, it was the first looking straight at his face and I couldn't keep a blush from coming out my face he was gorgeous.
My image of him back then did no justice to how beautiful he was those plump lips pursed in a line, his brows knot in annoyance and curiosity, his doe-like brown eyes looking straight at me. He is living on the seas but his complexion was white as snow. Snow White can't even compare I was mesmerized.
He tilted his head in wonder maybe because I had not spoken in a while.

"I'm sorry, I took your stuff I found it lying here but you were gone so.. "- Taylen

Still, his necklace in my hands holding it out to him.

"Keep it, it must be meant for you" - Nereus

"What do you mean?"- Taylen

"Human what is your name?"- Nereus

"Uhm Taylen, what is yours?"- Taylen

"Nereus"- Nereus

Then he sat comfortably again overlooking the sea.

"Aren't you afraid of me?"- Nereus

"Why?" - Taylen

"I am not human"- Nereus

"No, but I find you fascinating. Can I sit here?"- Taylen

I motioned to the sands just below the rock he was sitting on. He just nodded, unsure and guarded about me staying near. He lets me regardless.
I glanced at his tail it was pearly white and silvery on some edges. Glistening to the waters and brushes by sands. Curiosity overtook me as I stared at his tail wading through the water half-submerged and half laid on the rocks.

"Is it real?"-Taylen

I can't help but ask and it was the first thing that blurted out of my mouth.

"It is? Why is there a fake one on highlands?"-Nereus

He tilted his head his doe eyes in question staring at me like I was some crazy creature.