A.I.

Tay Pov

A day or two, a week then a month. I had been visiting New quite often sometimes I stayed for the weekends which had become a regular occurrence now. We enjoyed the company of each other like we've known each other for a very long time. Our questions one by one were answered but not all of it was very clear to us.

Questions like why my heart beats quickly when he is around, why I can't sleep thinking about his smile. Why do those subtle touches and oats on my back send butterflies to my stomach?
How hearing his voice on the other line made me feel giddy and unable to focus on my work.
One time Singto nagged me as I was spacing out staring at my phone waiting for New to call me for the day.
He said I was mad and crazy in love.

I was insane, he'd always remind me how insane everything was. I know because New came and hurled me into this and I just went with it.
Because I knew deep inside he was already there occupying a space in my heart.

My phone rang and broke my daydreaming. It was New.

"Sunshine!!" - New

"Hinnnn!!!hey how are you, How's therapy?"- Tay

"Getting better I can walk around the house without getting sore" - New

"That's great news, uughhh I badly wanna go there!!"- Tay

"You have work, Te" - New

I'm starting to get used to him calling me "Te" something he teases me now and then. In between my visits I started calling him "Hin" as well, he is Hin anyway he is like a rock. Hard-headed one. I chuckled at the thought.

"I know and it sucks" - Tay

Singto rolled his eyes at me, he is sitting on the couch adjacent to my office desk rummaging through files of documents.

"My Doctor from the states will be here tomorrow" - New

"Wow, It's a long way from here" - Tay

"Yeah, I want you to meet him as well. He is my best friend a childhood friend" - New

"Oh, sure I will be there tomorrow" - Tay

"Okay see you then, Te" - New

"See you Hin"- Tay

I was all smiles looking forward to tomorrow.

"Tsk! Sucks to be single I guess" - Singto

"Why don't you ask Kit out then?"- Tay

"You know how he is, he will punch me before I can utter the word" - Singto

"Sucks to be you man" - Tay

He gave me a stink eye and continued working.

The next day ...

I came late I was held up in a lunch meeting, so I just headed straight from work to the beach house.

When I got there an unfamiliar car was parked there, must belong to the doctor.
I went ahead and I can hear giggles and laughter from the inside.
A man standing with his back facing me holding a glass with a small umbrella on it. Was talking to New in a funny manner which I found funny.
He was wearing a colorful Hawaiian shirt littered with flowers and white shorts paired with slippers.

New had seen me and called me.

"Te, you're here.. Oh let me introduce you to my physical therapist back in the US, Doctor Off Jumpol Adulkittiporn" - New

"Hi! Tay Tawan Vihokratana, Nice to meet you finally" - Tay

"Off Jumpol, you can just call me Off" - Off

He gave me a handshake and smiled widely. He then turned to New and slung his arms over his shoulders.

"I knew you pick your friends because of their looks, he's one fine lad just like me." - Off

Off winked at me and New just laughed. Still, that arm that hovered over New's shoulder doesn't sit right with me but I shrugged it off. As I joined them in their banter.
Seeing New smile widely like this takes my worries away and I am glad he had good friends like mine, and now I am thinking of introducing him to them as well.

We spent the afternoon talking and catching up the two of us laughing nonstop at Off's funny antics.
I was happy one by one I get to see different sides of New and it always makes my heart flutter every time.

And I think I am falling in love is that the answer to my question?

Addendum I

-----------------------------------------------------------