Letting Go

Taylen

Three years later...

"Sir Vihokratana, the deal for the beach house someone offered a higher bid" - Singto (Tay's secretary)

"How much?" - Tay

"100 million Sir" -Singto

"That big?who?" -Tay

"TT & Co., they are buying rights for the house and the whole beach"- Singto

" When do I meet this guy? Are the papers ready?"-Tay

There was no response and I looked up to Singto from my office desk littered with documents to be signed.

"What?"- Tay

" Uh, Tay are you sure you want to sell the property?"-Singto

"Singto, it's been three years it's alright. I guess it's time to, you know say goodbye for real I think."- Tay

" Are you sure you'll be relocating to Los Angeles with Arm?"- Singto

"Yeah, starting a new branch from there with my best friend might not be so bad"- Tay

"Okay? I'll keep you posted, I'll contact TT & Co. for the contract signing" - Singto

I got back to my work after Singto left my office. Reviewing the papers I had on my desk, I sighed it was no use continuing work. I was already distracted thoughts of Nereus filled my mind.

Flashback 3 years ago...

"You can't keep being like this Peng?! What the hell is happening to you?" - Arm

I just nodded at him slouched on the carpet with tons of bottles and cans all over the place.

"You don't do this to me, I traveled 14 hours from Los Angeles just to see if you're still alive and no response Tawan really?!! What the hell!"- Arm

" I'm alive as you can see"- Tay

Slurring my words I raised a little to him.

"You stink, you reek of alcohol, when did you last shave? your hair is long. What the hell happened to this place? Tawan what is happening?! Singto called me its been a week since you last called him, you left your work Tawan you have a company to run!"- Arm

Arm was already yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he went beside me placing his hand on my shoulders.

" Tay, what happened you can tell me?"- Arm

His tone changed and his voice softer calming. It made me burst into fits of tears and laughter I feel like I was a madman about to lose my wits ends.
He hugged me and patted my back.

"I'm here I'm all you've got, I'm all there is, Taylen you're not alone"- Arm

I cried for the whole night with Arm just listening to my sobs after a while I started to tell him about Nereus and what transpired these few months. At first, he couldn't believe it, he was looking at me like I was batshit crazy.
But when I showed him the pearls and some of the scales that Nereus left he didn't know how to wrap his mind around it. I can't show him any picture or proof the person really exists.
He said I was enchanted like I was charmed. But I was adamant Nereyy was real and I felt him in my heart.
Clutching his last tear in my hands.

" He was there, he was here he was everywhere, FUCKING!! I was fucking there when he disappeared, I was there... I was... *sob I was... Arm I was there he disappeared he.. *sob hick hick..he..."- Tay

"It's okay it's okay ssshhhhhhhh it's okay Tay ssshhhh..." -Arm

No pain no anguish can best describe what I'm feeling. Losing him was losing me, my heart it burns if I could take it all back. I wish I could.

Present...

I went back to the beach house in the afternoon.
My dress shoes crunched on the sands as I took careful steps towards the porch of the house.
The wind blew harshly to my skin, the sun still high up in the sky blazing heat all around.

Walking inside touching the furniture draped with white cloth, everything was covered. The dust had accumulated in the whole room.
I went to my room upstairs opening the blinds and the door to let air in.
Nothing was moved it was certainly the way it was since I left 3 years ago.
Brushing off the dust from my desk.
There sits the glass of moon globe encasing the white pearls and two pinkish-white pearls sitting atop.
One with a black cord the other with white.
I brushed my hands on the glass dusting it. And it sparkled like how it was yesterday as the light touches it.
I pushed a button and it opened on top, I grabbed the two pink pearls and wore them on my wrist.

"Offel, Nereus ... Mighty high time I let you go... Nerey.. " - Tay

I wiped the globe with my shirt's sleeves. Hugged the globe as I sat down on my bed, dust flew all around and the bed creaked.
I hugged the globe like I was hanging on to my dear life.
3 years 1 day 2 hours since the last time I have been here.
And it feels as if it was yesterday.

I stayed there a couple more hours when I saw the sun about to set.
Like the madman I was I ran to the shore to where it all began to where we promised to meet.
And where it all ended.
The pearls rattled through the glass as I ran to the place.
My eyes were blurry filled with tears, they said the mourning never stops it only gets painful until there is nothing more to feel.
I slumped at the sands beside the boulder where he used to sit.
It was, all the same, the sands, the water, the rocks, the cold breeze that blew my hair, that familiar scent that lingered in the air. It was all you but I knew that one day I had to let it all go.
I had to, I need to...

"Nereus are you happy to see Offel now?"-Tay

It was a deafening silence no answer from anyone except the waters that crashed the shore.

"Nereus, I came to say goodbye." - Tay

I popped open the lid and pour the pearls into the sand where it was washed away by the waves.
Alas, the last pearl fell it sparkled and glistened through the waters where it was taken by the waves to the seas.

"I love you, with all my heart. I will always keep you both close" - Tay

As I lifted my hand two pearls are clasped, dangling in the air.

"Goodbye ... " - Tay