gotta love fillers

The time hit 7 and it was time for you to finally leave this dreaded place. So you grabbed your brother and headed out with Will following right beside you.

Reaching the car you considered wether or not you should wait or just give Lyric a call. You hadn't seen them all day...

Your worry was to high to just go and leave lyric, so you pulled out your phone and gave them a call.

After a few rings they picked up.

"Hey! It's seven, are you gonna be coming orrrr?" You trailed off and waited for a response.

For a moment lyric didn't say anything, and just as you were about to ask again they spoke;

"Y-yeah I'll stay with you. Give me a minute though and I'll meet you in the parking lot.."

You told them okay and then hung up.

You hadn't been here when lyric was popular, but you wondered if maybe the only reason they weren't anymore is because they had shit going on and they shut everyone out instead of keeping them close.

Surely, if they were popular before then there has to be a reason everyone liked them. Maybe they weren't a freak like your friends said they are...

What if they were actually really cool? What if they could be your friend?

You'd like a more laid back friend now and then, when your group always liked to do stuff.

But sometimes you just wanted to stay home and bingewatch shows or funny movies.

Honestly you were kind excited to have lyric stay with you. You'd have someone around other than your brother and wouldn't have to leave to hangout with someone.

Soon enough lyric walked out and rushed over to you, you all got into the car and you dropped off will then took everyone else to home.

When you got home, Isaac rushed off and you led Lyric to the living room in search of your parents. Your dad was watching TV, and your mother was probably cooking dinner.

Hmm

You opted to talk to your mom about this, as your dad was a little more difficult to convince.

"Hey mom!" You chirped entering the kitchen with Lyric timidly following behind you.

"Hey hun! And hello to...."

"This is lyric. They are..." you paused, and looked to lyric, "my friend."

"Well hello lyric. I'm mom. That's what Raes other friends call me at least, otherwise just call me M/n"

"O-okay. Uhm hi.." lyric looked nervous so you came to her rescue...

"So mom uhm, Lyrics dad kicked them out and needs a place to stay... do you think they could crash here for a while?"

Lyric pitched in, "I have a job... I just need to save up to get an apartment or something..."

"Oh hush! Of course you can stay. And take as long as you need..." your mom shook her head, "I'm sorry about your dad. Thats a shameful thing to do..."

"Thank you... and yeah" Lyric muttered looking to the floor.

Your mom smiled sadly, "I hope you kids are hungry though, dinner will be ready soom."

"Thanks mom! Imma just go get lyric set up in one of the guest rooms."

You led Lyric upstairs past your parents room, past your brother's room and one of the bathrooms then past your room and to the guest room across from yours.

"You can just stay in here! That way I'm right across the way if you need anything."

"Okay... t-thank you Raelynn..." lyric looked so shy.

"No problem! I know im a bitch, but I don't dislike you or anything so I'm happy ro help!" You smiled reassuringly to them, "I'm just gonna go shower quick so make yourself comfortable and then we can go down for dinner."

They nodded, and you went to your own room to shower and change.

You felt a little sorry for lyric.

They probably had a rough life but hopefully you could get them to like you.

Ooo what if you two could be roommates?

You weren't sure why you wanted to be friends with Lyric.

Maybe deep down you knew they'd be a real friend. Unlike your others...

But for now you just played it off as being nice and giving a shit about someone else.

The night ended with you and Lyric having dinner, your parents asking them questions that of course they kept as vague as possible. You just listened and observed, you did learn a little bit about lyric but not much.

After dinner you watched some TV with lyric, you talking to her while she listened and eventually it was time for bed.

So you set your alarm and went to bed dreaming of evil rabbits with bloody knives and snakes that pissed you off.