Monday

You woke up to your alarm rudely, laring in your ears. Groaning in annoyance, you turned it off, sleepily sitting up in bed.

Ugh.

It was Monday.

And you had to go to school...

Which sounded just awful right now.

After your conversation with Sam the other night, he had done as he wanted and got you thinking. A lot. Now? You weren't really sure how you felt... deep down you knew your little group if friends, weren't true friends. As soon as you guys graduated, they'd never talk to you again most likely.

Just like your friends from your old school.

But right now... you had to be friends with them if you wanted to keep your social status at a popular rank. You refused to be considered less then.

You cared to much about what people thought of you...

But that didn't mean you couldn't be friends with Lyric outside of school, and maybe even Samael.

You weren't sure about him either though. He was such a huge, cocky dick. He's literally ripped your shirt.

But...

You couldnt get his words out of your head, and the sincere look he had given you when he said them...

He wanted to know you. The real you.

But you've been like this for as long as you can remember... so truly you felt like you were being you... but somehow he sees more? That didn't make sense to you honestly.

But even though you felt like you've been yourself all along, his words still hit hard.

You just woke up, and you were already giving yourself a headache.

"Shit... I forgot to get lyric last night.." you grumbled to yourself rubbing the temples of you head.

You searched for your phone, pulling it off the charger and clicking on your contacts.

Hopefully they'd answer, and weren't mad that you forgot to get them...

After a few rings they picked up.

"Oh! You actually answered! Where are you? Do you need a ride to school?" You instantly questioned, giving them no time to say hello or anything.

"U-uhm..." they sounded like they just woke up, "uhm I'm at the pizzaplex? I stayed late to help with work stuff and the boss said I could just stay here if I wanted..."

That's weird.. you but hey least Lyric had a place to crash thanks to your forgetfulness.

"Oh. Well okay! You want a ride then?"

"I mean I would appreciate it but, are you sure you want to show up to school with me? Wouldn't your friends judge you?"

You frowned to yourself. They'd undoubtedly hate it and talk shit but.

You wanted to be friends with Lyric.

So you'd figure out something to say to them.

"Nah, they might question me but it'll be fine. I'll head over shortly.... oh but hey! I'm having a party this weekend, of course you can leave or just stay in your room here but... you are invited to have a little fun if you'd like!"

When you got home the other night, your parents had mentioned they'd be gone all weekend.

Throwing a party would raise your popularity a shit ton.

"O-okay. Thanks.." lyric stuttered through the phone.

You had a feeling they wouldn't be game for a party, but it didn't hurt to invite them.

"Okay! Be there soon!" You hung up and got up to get ready for school.

A quick shower, cute outfit and some light makeup would work for a Monday. Maybe a messy bun or something for your hair, you really weren't in the mood to doll up.

Maybe you could take Lyric shopping after school, before taking them to the pizzaplex.

Oh right. Sam wanted to see you today.

You had to go to the pizzaplex anyways...

Would it hurt to see him for a bit?

But, he said not to come around him unless you were yourself.

How were you supposed to he yourself? See you didn't understand what he meant...

Have you not been yourself from the start? Because this is just who've you've always been.

Maybe you could ask what he meant...

You sighed heavily, you had all day to to think about it. For now, just focus on getting ready.

Grabbing your school bag, and car keys you headed out to go pick up lyric.

Picking up lyric, you talked to them for a bit.

"Hey, you and me? We gonna go shopping later! Just us. You need some stuff, since I'm assuming you can't go back to your dad's to grab anything what with what happened..."

You hoped they'd agree, you'd love to go shopping with them.

"Uhm, I don't have a lot of money..." they trailed off.

You smiled, "Pff, did I ask if you have money? Don't sweat it. I got plenty and sharing is caring!"

You pulled into Starbucks and ordered your favorite drink and let Lyric get something as well.

Then as you pulled into school, you could tell lyric was shocked to have you walk with them into school.

But, you didn't mind.

You knew your friends would say shit, the looks they gave you as you lingered next to lyric a bit longer were full of judgment.

"I'll see ya after school okay? And then we will go shopping before I take you to work" you motioned for your friends to wait a minute as you spoke to Lyric.

"Oh okay..."

With the plans set you smiled at Lyric, "Have a good day Lyric!" And headed off to your group.

The school day was a drag.

Though that detail wasn't a new one.

You got to see Will though, so that made you feel better. Though you couldn't help but feel like he was acting weird.

You shrugged it off though, maybe he was just tired.

You didn't talk much overall though, still pondering Sam's words.

You didn't really perk up until you met up with Lyric after school.

"Ready to go shopping!?"