I Want To Know You. The Real you.

The day went on, Isaac got his hide and seek with Sam. Since then, much to your dismay, Sam has been following you around everywhere else Isaac wanted to go play around at.

The two of you managed to talk more, well actually that was a stretch, as you only really told him how you were helping lyric out because their dad was a peice of shit.

Hearing you tell him about this, had made him wonder if maybe there was more than meets the eye with you. Especially when he saw the genuine care you had for this person who technically wasn't your friend.

But he couldn't be sure...

Granted, he got you to see you ease up a few times and enjoy yourself a little at some of the attractions here, and you seemed nice when you wanted to be...

But a few nice things doesn't necessarily change how nasty your personality has been so far. Least, from what he's observed...

Your little sneaky act a few days ago with your friends had really lowered his opinion in you. Your actions had been dangerous and disrespectful...

But maybe, he misread you and your entire personality was a facade. An act to fit in to the clique society said you belonged in.

Whatever the case was, Sam didn't mind hanging around you to find out wether or not the version of yourself you put out was the real you. He enjoyed the forced company from you nonetheless.

However, he'd never figure you out if the two of you couldn't even have a conversation with each other.

"So love, why do you bring your brother here if you hate it here?" Sam broke the silence between you too.

"Because my parents blackmailed me to bring him here if I want my car..." you vented, still highly annoyed with the situation.

"Ah, and here I thought your spoiled ass got whatever you wanted!" Sam chuckled.

You glanced at him with a smirk, "I mean... I still get to drive it. Just don't have it in my name yet."

"Ah there's the spoiled part. Do you really dislike it here that much though?"

Thinking back to the few times Sam actually got you to have fun you hesitated in saying no.

"I don't know. It's not really a place I like to be in... but I wouldn't say it's terrible."

"Hmm I've made progress on you then" Sam nuged your shoulder playfully.

You smiled up at him, "I suppose you have."

Sam's purple eyes lookes into yours.

Thinking to himself, she's quiet pretty..

"Do you truly like the people you call your friends?" He asked.

There was hesitance in your response. No one's ever asked you this before.

You liked them, that was true. But at the same time... you didn't.

They were huge bullies, and sure you considered yourself above people but you didn't take time out of your day to pick on them.

You just didn't interact with them...

Then there was the night you and them snuck into that room of the pizzaplex. You had never wanted to come here but they all insisted. Ignoring your opinion and dislike of the situation.

Of course eventually you gave in and took the opportunity to spend time with Will.

Plus you weren't even sure how much they liked you sometimes.

Remembering that Lyric used to be popular and their friend too... look at how quickly they turned on them when they needed space to grieve.

They could just as easily do the same to you.

But you had to be their friend.

They were the only other people that matched your level.

"Y-yes" you finally answered, though the answer tasted bitter.

Sam didn't believe you, you had taken too long to answer. Why were you lieing to yourself?

"Hmm, do they even like you?" He raised a brow at you.

He wanted you to think about this. Maybe it would open your eyes a bit.

But you avoided answering, by asking your own question.

"Why are you asking these questions dude?"

Sam shrugged, "Do you want my honest answer?"

"Yeah. I do." you crossed your arms and glared up at the snake.

Sam licked his lips, taking in a deep breath, "Because I suspect that, you're only friends with them so you are popular too. That you just want to fit in... but I feel like there's a lot more to you than this bitchy popular girl you show to me, " he shrugged, "i could be wrong though, perhaps i would just like to think that you could actually be a decent person..."

His words hit something in you, hurt you. You felt attacked, and slightly offended. Pissed off even...

But why? He wasn't exactly being rude, he was just being honest, which you had asked for.

Maybe it wasnt him you were mad at.

Maybe you just didn't like to hear the truth.

"Shut up. You don't know anything about me. So what if I'm a bitch? Or popular or have friends?" You argued, defending yourself

"You're right. I don't know, Raelynn. But I want to. I want to know the real you." Sam paused scanning your face, "but If this is the real you.... well that's really unfortunate."

Suddenly he stood up, "think about it Rae. How real are your friends, do they truly care about you? Do you care about them? Or do you just want to fit in so badly that you'd rather act like them, than be yoursel," Sam ruffled your hair, "I hope to see you tomorrow. But don't bother if you aren't going to be yourself with me, got it?"

"Whatever...."

"Have a goodnight, love."

Sam headed off leaving you alone to wait for Isaac.

You went home that night, waiting for Lyric to message you while you did indeed think about Sam's words.

You fell asleep, thinking maybe Sam was right.

The last thing you thought of was the odea that, you can keep up this front at school.

But outside of school, when you didnt hangout with them... You could be yourself with him and maybe even Lyric too.

The only problem was. you didn't know how to yourself.