1

Everyone turned their heads to stare at the Hufflepuff as he walked through the Slytherin common room. Very rarely would someone from another house go to the dungeon, especially a Hufflepuff.

If they were already staring this much, imagine if he wasn't a pure-blood? Oh god, that would be hell, Niall thought to himself.

But still, Niall kept his head high as if he belonged there.

- Excuse me, are you lost? - a Slytherin Niall did not recognize said, stepping foot in front of him.

- No, actually. I'm looking for Harry - Niall said, trying his best to not look intimidaded by every single Slytherin present staring at him.

- Harry? - the boy continued, confused. - Like, Potter? If so that's the wrong house and decade - he laughed, sarcastically, and the other students eavesdropping the conversation laughed along.

- Harry Styles, I meant -  Niall said, with education, keeping his composure. He does not intend on giving anyone the satisfaction of looking bothered by this.

- Oh, I get it. He's in room - the Slytherin continued, smirk on his face.

- Can you take me there, please? - Niall said, not ashamed to ask for help. Who knows, maybe he can even make a new friend? It's common for people to warm up to him, even Slytherins.

- Whatever - the boy said, unbothered but showing Niall the way nonetheless. They walked together until they reached a closed door, where the boy knocked. - There's a Hufflepuff here looking for you - the Slytherin said through the closed door and left, giving Niall a nod and weird smirk on the way out, leaving the Hufflepuff by himself there.

- Hufflepuff? - Harry said confused as he opened the door to Niall, a person he had never seen before, becoming even more lost.

And, fuck. He was shirtless. Niall's entire confidence went out the window as soon as he saw the bare chested boy. His 15 year old self was freaking out internally, maybe even externally too.

- Can I help you? - Harry continued, after some seconds of the awakward silence.

Only then Niall notice he has been staring. Fuck.

- Uhm, s-sorry. My name is Niall - Niall says, awkardly, his irish accent becoming thicker as he got nervous.

- Niall...? - Harry was still confused, laying on the door half opened while he stared at the nervous boy in front od him.

- Horan. I'm sorry if I'm bothering yo-

Niall started, but Harry interupted him.

- Horan... why is that name familiar?

- Oh, my parents were in Slytherin, maybe you've heard of them. My mom was Head Girl - Niall said, very awakwardly for some reason.

If it wasn't for the fact that Niall wanted to please his parents so bad, he would likely not have the courage to go to this great lengths to see Harry. He was in the dungeon, for christ sake!

- Right, oh my god. Your mom was a legend! - Harry said, excitedly, relaxing his posture a bit, but still visibly confused. - Anyways, you're here for...?

For a moment, Niall got lost again. Harry leant more confortably against the door, smiling a bit. That distracted Niall. He got caught, again, staring.

Oh god, now he was furiously blushing!

Niall shook his head, trying to concentrate, and looked at Harry's eyes, his cheeks still as red as a tomato.

- Y-yeah, right. Sorry - Niall laughed nervously, trying to recolect his thoughts. - That's a funny story, actually. I'm a big fan of Quidditch. Honestly. I wish I was good at it but I really suck, and-

Niall got distracted again and started rambling nonsense. He realized not only was he making Harry more confused, but he was also humiliating himself.

- Well, that's besides the point - Niall cut himself out, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. He can't act like this every time he speaks to a hot guy! - What I wanted to say is, there was this price draw among some Slytherin families of the new broom that just came out. I, ironically, won. I can't really play and my brother has already graduated so I just thought I'd give to you... - Niall let out a breath as he finished. He didn't even notice he was talking a little too fast.

By the way, Niall just made that all up. He bought the broom himself only for this.

- To me? - Harry said, after processing everything Niall had said. He was not understanding a thing that was going on - I'm sorry, but do we know each other?

- No, no - Niall laughed nervously, again. - It's just... well, I love the game. And I've watched you play before. You're really good and your broom has been really unstable these past games. I would give it to someone on my team but it didn't seem right since the draw was between Slytherin families... And I just figured out of your team, you could use it the most.

Niall hoped he made any sense. That this intricate story he made up the day before was at least somewhat convincing. Afterall, he just bought a broom to impress this guy!

Niall could very well meet Harry some other way, but Slytherins aren't usually the most accessible, open people. Very rarely would they let some random person near, specially since the during fifth year they all already have their friendships established.

Niall had no choice but to get creative.

- Oh - Harry finally didn't seem all that confused anymore, staring at the nervous Hufflepuff in front of him with curiosity and amusement. Niall was, truly, looking like a mess - I guess that makes sense... But are you sure? You can still sell it or something.

- I'm sure, just, I don't know, cut Hufflepuff some slack the next time? - Niall joked, and for the first time in the conversation it didn't feel strange and awkward. Harry chuckled at the joke.

- Right, right. I will think about it - Harry said, not so stiff anymore.

- Okay, then. It will be delivered to your room today, is that okay? - Niall smiled. He was starting to become less anxious, now that the mood wasn't so weird.

- Are you really sure? - Harry says, and Niall just nods, still smiling. - Then yes, that's okay - Harry smiles back and for a moment Niall thinks he's going to faint. That's the prettiest smile he's ever seen. - Thanks, Niall. I owe you one.

- It's no big deal, really - Niall tries to be casual, but Harry was so hot! It was hard.

- Can't believe that a Horan is a Hufflepuff... - Harry thinks out loud, staring at the boy in front of him. Niall chuckles. - That's it, then... I'll see you around? - Harry smiles more widely.

- Yeah, sure - Niall smiles back and Harry closes the door. The Hufflepuff stays intact in place for at least a couple more seconds, taking in what just happened.

He knew Harry was hot, but not this hot.

Niall can tell himself all he wants that he's doing this for his parents (and he definitely is), but, after today, maybe he's doing it even more for himself.

For Harry.