24

Niall and Liam were slowly, but surely, becoming quite close friends. If Zayn was the jealous type, he surely wouldn't enjoy how his best friend was always dragging Liam to their plans and spending more time with him than with the Ravenclaw. But Zayn didn't waist his precious time with a dumb feeling like jealousy.

Someone else did, though.

Zayn noticed how Harry was always lurking around, watching as Niall and his new friend would talk excitedly and hang out together. Niall was too distracted to notice it himself, and Zayn is not in a rush to tell him. It's nice to see his friend not so stressed all the time for once.

Today was one of those hangouts. Zayn, Niall and Liam were hanging out in Niall's room as the Brazilian told stories about his school.

- Castelobruxo is really focused on Advanced Herbology, actually. Some classes you have here, though, I have never even heard about it - Liam laughs, siting down at the corner of the bed.

- Like what? - Zayn asked, curious.

- Like Defense Against Evil? - Liam said, with a questioning look, and the other two laughed.

- Defense Against the Dark Arts - Niall corrected him, smiling.

- Right, that one - Liam laughed, looking at his new friends. - I guess we don't need it that much back there.

- Oh, I wish - Niall says, honestly. - Do you know the story of this place? Harry Potter and Voldemort and sh-

Niall was talking as Zayn interrupted him with wide eyes.

- Don't say his name, Niall! - Zayn repressed him, but Niall laughed.

- C'mon Z, the guy is dead - Niall said, playfully.

- Who hasn't heard about that? - Liam responded the previous question, honestly. - It was all over the news. I'm sorry Hogwarts went through that.

Zayn stood up, adjusting his robe in his body, smiling to the two boys.

- I have to get going. See you lads later? - Zayn asked and they nodded. So he smiled in response and left the room, leaving the door half open as he left.

- So, Liam, you nervous about the first task tomorrow? - Niall asked, laying down more comfortably in his bed now, since there was more space.

- I'm terrified. But I'm really excited too. I can't really explain it, I just hope I don't let my school down - Liam smiled weakly, thinking about the next day. - I just hope it has something to do with nature.

- Just try your best, I know you'll do great - Niall says, honestly, looking to the brown eyes he'd grew used to. - But if you think you can't do it, it's okay too. The Triwizard Tournament is not worth getting hurt over.

- I know, I know. You don't shut up about how dangerous it is like, ever! - Liam says playfully, laughing, but his laugh was cut off as someone, more precisely one of his opponents tomorrow, entered the room.

- Horan, can I please talk t... - Harry started talking as he was entering the room, but stopped as he noticed someone else there. He immediately recognized Liam. - Funny how you can't support your boyfriend participating on the Triwizard Tournament, but have no problem supporting a stranger you literally don't fucking know! - Harry said, already angry.

Liam got up as soon as Harry started talking, widening his eyes and making a funny face.

- Erm, I should be going - Liam said, weirdly, noticing Niall's petrified face. He noticed as Harry said "Yeah, you should" under his breath, but didn't let it affect him. - See you later, Niall.

Liam didn't wait for his response, leaving the Hufflepuff's room as soon as he said that, this time making sure the door was closed on his way out.

- What the fuck, Harry? - Niall said as Liam closed the door, annoyed, standing up to face the Slytherin. - Why are you even here?

- Why were you alone with that Liam guy? - Harry didn't respond, asking another question instead, holding his fists together to manage his anger.

- Because he's my friend! - Niall said obviously, in a louder tone.

- He's clearly in love with you, he literally follows you everywhere! You are not that naive, Horan - Harry continued, jealously taking over him little by little.

- You've been watching me? - Niall asked, incredulously. - Don't you understand the concept of time apart?

- Time apart means getting back together eventually, if you're not aware! - Harry rose his tone too, angry. - Not go around and find a new boyfriend!

- If Liam was my new boyfriend, which he isn't, is none of your business, Harry! - Niall said, feeling like screaming but resisting his urges. - We're supposed to be healing! What good would it do us to get back together now if this is the first conversation we've had in weeks?

Sometimes Harry's jealousy blinds him. This is one of those times. He didn't realize starting this conversation would only make it that much harder to get Niall back.

Fuck.

- I'm sorry - Harry says timidly, after a few seconds, looking to the ground.

- You should go - Niall said, lowering his tone but still angry.

Harry walked shamefully to the door, but, before leaving, he looked back at Niall. Fuck, he misses him so much.

- Are you going to watch me tomorrow? - Harry asked, almost whispering, looking at Niall with hopeful eyes.

Niall was silent, not showing any emotion. Harry figured he wasn't answering, so he opened the door and started to leave, but as he did so he heard Niall talk.

- Of course I am - Niall said, so low that Harry almost didn't hear. But he did.

Harry closed the door with a smile on his face.

*****
Author's note:

update!!

how do u guys feel about liam so far?
i like him, i think hes nice :)

also, kinda related to the topic, what are your favorite niall-centric ships ranked?

mine is:
1⁰ narry
2⁰ ziall
3⁰ niam
4⁰ nouis

thats it!!! hope u guys liked it!

luv u byee