25

The first task of the Triwizard Tournament was almost starting.

The three yound wizards stood in a triangular plataform that floated in the air, each on one extremity of it. On the very center of the triangle, it had a circular step equal to the ones they stood in right now that was one meter higher than the rest of the floating plaform.

Surronding them was a purple, slimy substance that none of them had ever seen before. Their goal was to get to the center. Seems easy enough, right?

Wrong. That substance would make every limb that was touched by it numb and impossible to move. You also can't grow things in it or stand in it without falling, making it almost impossible to find a way across.

To make it even harder, the plataform was very up in the sky, so not only can you not fall, but you can't use barely anything from the outside world to help.

All the students were using their brooms to surround the plaform, watching it all go down. Still, no help was allowed. Harry, Liam and Mila could only use their wands and themselves. That's it.

However, they were allowed to use spells on eachother.

Finally, as McGonagall rang a bell, it was anounced the task had begun.

Mila was the first to move, touching the purple substance with her left hand to see what it was and if it was safe. Her hand immediately went numb, like it was made of jell-o, and Harry and Liam watched in shock as the girl screamed in pain.

Harry soon after made his first move, but with a different strategy than he originally had in mind, knowing now he couldn't touch the ground. He waved his wand, pronouncing "Accio" as he thought of his broom. A few seconds later, his broom was flying right to his hand, almost hitting some students on the way.

As soon as Harry had his broom, he hoped over it and started to fly towards the center, smiling of how easy it was, considering the other two hadn't even moved yet.

The Slytherin was halfway there, students from Hogwarts cheering loudly for him, when Mila pointed her wand at him, screaming "Alarte Ascendare", making Harry fly high to the air, away from his broom.

Niall had to hold himself in place not to go get Harry right that second, preventing him from falling back down and getting hurt. He knew something like this would happen, but of course Harry wouldn't listen to him! But now there he was, free-falling into a substance that might as well kill him.

The Slytherin was getting very close to the plataform, which he would hit with full force, and Niall was milliseconds away from flying there to save him, not giving a fuck about the "is prohibited to interfere" rule.

But, before the Hufflepuff could do so, he noticed a professor staring right at him, pointing his wand in his direction and shaking his head no. Niall had no chance but to stay in place, against his will, as he watched Harry get closer and closer to getting severely hurt.

But then, just before doing so, Harry shook his wand and teleported himself back to where he first started, breathing unesily as he realized he came so close to falling into the purple substance and getting hurt.

Liam, on the other hand, had use this time to charm non-bursting bubbles, grouping five of them together and repeating this process over and over again until it had formed a bunch of floating plataforms made of said bubbles, creating a small path. He then slowly stood onto the first plaform, to check of it was firm, and smiled when he realized his plan had worked.

On another corner, Mila had started to summon pieces of wood, string and elastic onto where she stood.

Harry watched them is desperation, still trying to catch his breath, while he considered other strategies of getting across that didn't involve his, now lost, broom.

The same broom Niall had given him in what seemed like forever ago. And that was now, most likely, completely gone.

The Castelobruxo boy was slowly, but surely, making a trail of bubble plataforms, getting significantly closer to the center. Liam was, by now, a third of the way there.

The Beauxbaton had used what she had summoned before to start to assemble a slingshot of some sorts, making it still and secure with magic.

The Slytherin was still looking desperate; his mind was completely blank.

Niall felt conflicted as he watched this all go down, his heart racing in his chest with worry, anger and wanting for Harry to succeed.

Liam was close to the center by now, and the Slytherin noticed it. That's when he made an impulsive choice; he just couldn't let Liam, the boy who was trying to steal his lover, win, so he made his wand shine a bright beam of light directly to the other boy's face, making Liam mistep his next bubble plataform and fall entirely into the purple substance.

Liam screamed loudly in pain as his whole body went numb, making the audience gasp out loud. Professors immediately flew his motionless body out of the plataform, transporting him into the infermary as the other two continued the task.

After a couple more seconds of strategizing in his head, Harry waved his wand, saying "Ascendio", immediately making the curcular step where he stood grow higher and higher, almost reaching into the clouds, making him barely see the plataform anymore.

Mila was done with her slingshot by now. Everyone was so distracted due to what had just went down with Liam, that they barely missed when the Beauxbaton got in her slingshot and threw herself with force towards the center step.

Harry noticed Mila rapidly approaching the center, and, in desperation, just jumped, aiming his body towards the center too.

They were both approaching the step rapidly, but the bells rang loudly as Harry's body stumbled onto the ground with force just milliseconds before Mila's, making him the winner of the first task.

Both their bodies made crunching sounds, signaling that the bones of the competitors had broken in the fall. Mila, though, was worse of, because she fell on her leg.

Harry stood up with difficulty, as his left arm was broken, but he still had a smile on his face as he watched all Hogwarts cheer for him. He searched the crowd with his eyes, looking for him. Looking for his approval.

Harry knew how the Hufflepuff hated all of this, but maybe he'd still be happy that he won. Be proud of him.

But, soon enough, Harry felt his happiness fade away as he realized Niall wasn't anywhere to be found.

*****
Author's note:

double update today because you guys are amazing and you deserve it!!!

so... im finishing writing this fic right now, and there will be either 30 or 31 chapters (32/33 if you include the intro and prologue)
so there's about 5 or 6 more chapters to come and then we're done!!!

the end has been really exciting to write, especially the tasks since they are so hard to create!!
so, please, give it some love <333

tell me what are your theories?
itll be fun to see how many more ways the story could have ended, since the end is already written!

thats it my loves!! :))

luv u byee