7

It was June, finals were here and Niall was juggling Quidditch practice, studing and hooking up with as many Slytherins he could find.

Tate Johnson was the first.

He was bi-curious, which essentially meant he was bi but would only allow himself to kiss boys when he was drunk.

Niall didn't mind being his experiment.

After the potions final, a bunch of students went to the Slytherin dungeon and partied. Niall of course was also there. He frequented the Slytherin common room more than a lot of Slytherins, so it was no surprise to see him at the party.

Tate got a little drunk and approached Niall, something he wanted to do for a while.

Two hours later, Niall was breathless at that random boy's room as he scattered the floor for his pieces of clothing.

Tate wasn't as good as Shawn, but was still good. Just messier.

The spark was definitely not there. There weren't butterflies in his tummy and feelings rushing down his throat when Niall looked at Tate. There was just... sweat. Lust, at most.

The spark was even farther away from the one Niall had with his ex, and absolutely non-existent compared to the-one-who-must-not-be-named.

But if the Hufflepuff compared everyone with him, then he would get nowhere. No one compares to Harry.

- We should do this again - Tate said, still naked, laying on his bed.

- I'll consider it - Niall said, smirking, putting his last piece of clothing on and leaving the room.

*****

It was June 9th when Niall's next hookup happened. Another Slytherin, of course.

His name was Nicholas. Nick, for short.

He asked Niall out as the students waited anxiously in the Main Hall for the first couple grades to be anounced. Niall agreed.

They went for a walk and had a picnic. Nick was very, very sweet. He asked before he kissed Niall. He smiled everytime they would have eye contact. He held Niall's hand when they went back to his room.

It was really, really cute.

But that was it. Cute.

Niall closed his door and stared into nothing as he processed the day he just had. He didn't feel anything. It was the perfect date and somehow there still wasn't a spark.

None.

Which is so frustrating!

*****

- What's he doing here? - Zayn said, with a disgusted face as he sit beside Niall in the hallway.

- He's still my friend, Z - Niall said, rolling his eyes.

- But you guys broke up like two weeks ago - Zayn said obvious, ignoring Shawn in front of him.

- Hello?? I'm here - Shawn said, annoyed. - Nice to see you too, Zayn - Shawn continued, ironically.

- Let's be logical here, friends are one thing and exes are another. There is no intersection. It's not healthy to keep someone in your life just so you avoid hurting their feelings, which is what you end up doing if yo-

Shawn interrupted Zayn's rant.

- That's so Ravenclaw of you - Shawn rolls his eyes, pecking Niall's lips and getting up to his feet. - I'll see you later, Niall. Hopefully not you too, Zayn - Shawn smirked, being ironic, while he got up to his feet and left.

- Ew, what the fuck? - Zayn looked at Niall with wide eyes, pointing to what just happened. - See??? This is not normal! You guys broke up! You shouldn't be kissing!

- Calm down, Z. Jesus! - Niall laughs, staring at his paranoid friend. - We are friends. I have no intention of having a relationship with him ever again. There's no hurt feelings. We're just still sexual with eachother, hence the peck, but that's it!

- That's even weirder, Niall - Zayn says, in an obvious, disgusted tone. - Clearly, the plan is not your focus anymore.

- Of course it is! - Niall says, serious, defending himself. - I just had a date with Nick from sixth year. It was nice. And I had a, uhm, experience with Tate Johnson.

- And...? How it went?

- They were okay. Tate was messy and random. Nick was was caring and held my hand.

- Do you like any of them? - Zayn says, curious.

- Not really. I wish I did like Nick. He was surprisingly nice for a Slytherin. Too much, even. I guess that's what threw me off a bit - Niall said, staring at the people walking by them.

- I doubt that's what threw you off...

- Okay, okay... You're right. But you know what? The school year is almost over and I'm so ready to go home and get over him. For real this time - Niall looked at his friend, honesty in his expression. - And then come back 9 weeks later ready to find the one. I can just feel that next year is my year.

- I'm happy you can at least admit it. That you're not over Harry - Zayn says, staring at his friend.

- Shh, Z. Don't say his name - Niall says, annoyed.

- Anyways, I do believe this vocation is for the best - Zayn continues, honestly. - And next year will be our year.

- Yes, it will...

-----
Author's note:

happy Monday! hope your weekend was great!

so... the fifth year is over now. sixth will bring a lot of changes, i'm really excited!!!!
will Niall find another boyfriend? be with Harry? get back with Shawn?
idk ;)

i hope you guys are enjoying <33
lov u