26

- He wasn't there, Louis - Harry repeated, exasperated, throwing another hand full of cold water on his own face, trying to get rid of both the sweat and the urge to cry. - He promised he'd be.

- He was. He just left before you won - Louis said, leaning against the wall as he waited for his best friend to calm down.

- You saw him? - Harry looked at Louis through the mirror, with hopeful eyes.

- Yes! - Louis answered truthfully. - I told you, Harry, I'm sure I saw him.

- Then why did he leave? Was it because I hurt Liam? Because that's even worse! - Harry said, getting annoyed again.

- Styles, you have to remember that you two are not together - Louis said for (probably) the thousand time this month.

- So you're on his side? - Harry turns to him, now angry at Louis too.

- Of course not! I'm on your side, always - Louis says, obviously, looking at his friend.

- But you agree with him - Harry said, hurt in his tone. - He must think I don't fucking care about him or something, but I was just angry! But I am not anymore... I don't understand why can't we be fucking together?! I miss him. I can't believe he just left in the middle of the task... why would he do that? - he rambled, feeling sad and heartbroken.

- I don't agree with him, Harry. I just don't think he's fucking wrong! But I've said it a thousand times, and I will say it again, I think you were right to be hurt before. I'd be too - Louis says honestly, walking towards his friend. - You literally spend months without talking to your best friend since forever (me) because that's how much you care about him. Fuck you, by the way - he jokes, laughing, but then continues what he was saying before: - Of course he knows you love him! - Louis finishes, argumenting over half of Harry's ramble.

- Then why aren't we together? Why wasn't he there? - Harry asks, pleads in a way, seeking his best friend's advice, feeling more sad than angry now.

- I don't have all the answers, Styles - Louis pulls him closer, hugging Harry even though they both don't really like hugging, so they cringe a bit. - But I can tell you this: everything will be okay - he whispered in his ear, trying to comfort his friend. - Also, stop freaking out! - Louis says, in normal tone now, acting like his usual self.

They broke the hug, Harry feeling more calm now, and Louis smiling at him.

- Now can you please fucking go to the infermary and fixs your broken arm? It's fucking weirding me out - Louis said playfully, pushing him out of the bathroom. - Also, we're never hugging again! - Louis screams as Harry has already started to walk down the corridor over to the infermary, making them both laugh and lightning the mood.

When Harry got to the infermery, however, his smile faded away once more as he spotted Niall besides Liam's bed, seemingly comforting him.

Liam mas still motionless on the hospital bed, and Harry would feel guilty for putting him there if Niall's wasn't right by side, caressing him. In a way, that made Harry feel like Liam deserved what happened to him.

Harry stayed at the door, watching them, as Niall shed a tear looking down the boy, and Liam made the most effort to turn his neck and look at the Hufflepuff, smiling at him.

As if that wasn't hard enough for Harry to watch, the next thing made his heart break even worse, angering him.

There, just before him, Niall leaned down and kissed Liam.

Niall's back was facing the Slytherin, so he couldn't see well, but he didn't try to either as he stomped out of the infermary, fists held tight together and teers sheding across his face.

What he didn't know was Niall had only kissed Liam on the cheek. But the damage was already done.

Harry was heartbroken ans his suspicion had been confirmed. Niall wasn't there when he won because he cared more about Liam than he did about him.

In his mind, Niall had moved on.

*****
Author's note:

since the story is getting closer and closer to the end, i decided to play a little game with the characters just for fun!

so, here's how they would respond to this question:
"Who in Narry is smarter?"

Niall:
We're both equally smart in our own ways!

Harry:
Niall. Have you seen his grades?!
I don't know how he manages to do well in every class, while still going to Quidditch pratcice and dealing with me!

Zayn:
Between Harry and Niall?! *laughs*
Me! Have you seen them? They only act with their hearts and dicks!

Louis:
Don't put me in this mess, lad...
But if Harry asks, tell him I said his name.

Liam:
I don't really know Harry, but is hard to be smarter than Niall. He's so smart!

thats it :))
do you guys want me to do this again?
if yes please comment questions for them to answer!! <3

luv u byee