20

Next week rolled around and now Hogwarts was officially back!

Which did not, in any way, meant Niall and Harry were back. Not they they were ever over, but neither were them together.

The train ride to Hogwarts was... awkward, to say the very least.

Niall was late and Zayn waited for him in the platform, and by the time Niall arrived there weren't any cabins vacant on the train left. They were walking the hallway up and down to find anywhere to sit, and every spot was full to the brim.

Then, they walked past Harry's cabin.

He was with Louis and some other Slytherins. Louis immediately noticed their presence outside the door, and you could see him leaning in and whispering in Harry's ear without ever breaking eye contact with Niall.

Harry didn't even bother to look.

Niall kept walking, trying his best not to cry. Zayn, of course, noticed it. They wouldn't find a cabin until 30 minutes later at the very back of the train. They both seated sown exhausted, closing the door. Zayn had been waiting to be alone to finally talk about what he just saw, so he lost no time in doing so:

- What the fuck just happened back ther-

- I told him - Niall sighed, frustrated. He already knew what his best friend was thinking. - I know Zayn, you were fucking right. He freaked out.

Zayn could enjoy his glory and told Niall what everyone always wishes to say in a situation like this: "I told you so". But he didn't, Niall didn't need this right now. He could always tell him later.

- Are you okay? Did you guys, you know, break up? - Zayn said, standing up and sitting beside Niall, hugging him on his side.

- No. I think not, at least. He said he didn't want to... - Niall whimpered, finally letting himself cry in the arms of his friend. - But you saw it, Z, he won't even look at me.

- It was that bad? - The Ravenclaw said. He figured it would go badly, but not this badly.

- He feels used, I think. Which you know it's not the case - Niall sad, his voice cracking due to his cries.

- But didn't you explain that this is not the case? That you love him? - Zayn asked, hugging him closer.

- I did, but then he said that I "fucked the entire Slytherin house" because of this plan - Niall says, making air quotes, cleaning his face from the tears with his sleeve.

- Well... he's not lying - Zayn said, playfully, and Niall pushed him, breaking the hug. The Ravenclaw knew he had succeeded in making Niall feel a little better when he chuckled.

- Fuck off, Zayn - Niall rolled his eyes, smiling a little.

- What? It's true, you slut - Zayn laughed, and Niall pushed him playfully him again. Zayn went back to sitting in front of him, the both of them with small smiles in their faces.

Niall breathed deeply, feeling a little better after his crying session.

- At least he's back to talking to Louis - Niall said, reflecting, cleaning what was left of the tears on his face. - They're best friends, after all.

- Right! I forgot they still weren't talking - Zayn said, honestly. - Do you think Harry told him?

- Oh, he for sure did - Niall laughed humorously, knowing how his boyfriend was. - Hopefully Louis isn't shitting me, since not to long ago he was all over me.

- If you apply this to literally anyone in that cabin, then no one is shitting you - Zayn teased, laughing, and Niall rolled his eyes once again.

- I understood, Zayn, I'm a slut! Now shut up - Niall said, playfully, done with the conversation.

And there was that.

Not long after, they would arrive at Hogwarts. Harry not once would go and talk to Niall, and the Hufflepuff wouldn't either because he wanted to respect Harry's space and time. He just hoped that, eventually, everything would be okay.

During the sorting hat ceremony, Niall and Harry were each on their respective houses tables when the first years slowly got sorted to their new homes for the next seven years.

At some point, a cute ginger girl was sorted to Hufflepuff and Niall and his housemates all stood to applaud, huge smiles on their faces. When the blonde was still standing, he looked to the other side of the room searching for Harry, and found him staring at him. As soon as they made eye contact and Harry was discovered watching him, the Slytherin looked to side like nothing happened.

But Niall knew he was looking at him. That gave Niall hope.

So he seated down with a smile on his face.

*****
Author's note:

i wrote A LOT these past few days so im problably updating faster from now on (like 2-3 times a week) <3

hope u guys enjoyed the chapter!

i love zayn's character, i feel like hes sooo a ravenclaw!!

anygays, thats it :)
luv u byeee