II.

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

Isiah's alarm clock rang loud enough to wake up the whole hotel floor. He groaned and scratched his head. He had a pounding headache. "Never am I ever staying up that late again." He said to himself as he slowly sat up in his bed. Just then the phone rang and he sighed. "Hello?"

"Goodmorning Isiah." The sound of Janet's voice woke him right up. "Oh um- Goodmorning Janet."

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry if I did."

"Nah I was already up." Janet giggled. "What you doing right now?"

"Ah nothing right now, how about you?"

"Writing. I like to write and record early in the morning, it helps me wake up. Look I wanted to call and say, I really enjoyed you last night and I was wondering, if you're free, maybe we could do something today?" Isiah's eyes lit up. "Yeah, I'm free. Whatever you wanna do, I'm down for it."

"Well then I'm not really an early bird so I'm gonna go back to sleep but I'll see this evening yeah?"

"Yeah I'll see you this evening."

"Janet Jackson? Thee Janet Jackson? Man you're lying there's no way!" Isiah was at practice and was sitting down next his teammate Dennis Rodman. "I wish I was. We're going on another date this evening."

"Man you've got it made. You really got it made." Isiah smiled. "I do, I can't even lie I do." After practice, Isiah went back to his hotel room and tried to take a nap but his mind wouldn't allow him to sleep. His mind was on her.

He couldn't believe a little crush and him blabbing it to Magic would've gotten him two dates with Janet Jackson. One part of him thought she was just being nice, but then another part of him knew she must've really liked him if she allowed him to drive her around and they had just met.

Either way, he really did like Janet. He enjoyed how calm she was and her sweetness. She was so down to earth and it was hard to find people like that nowadays, especially in Hollywood. Everybody's either on drugs or has the hugest ego.

But not Janet, she was far too humble and kind. As the minutes passed, Isiah could feel himself getting sleepy.

The next thing he knew, he heard his alarm clock go off. "Huh? What?" Isiah looked over to see it was 5:30 pm. "Oh shit I gotta get ready!" Isiah scrambled to the bathroom. Magic walked into his hotel room with pizza and pop. He sat down in front of the TV and watched the news while eating a slice of pizza. He heard all the movement from the bathroom and got up off the floor. "Zeke? What are you doing in there? It sounds like a damn construction site." Isiah opened the door and Magic looked down to see him putting on his gym shoes. "Where are you going?"

"Out with Janet." Magic stood in shock. "Another one already? Damn what did you do to her?"

"I don't know but I'm enjoying it." Isiah grabbed his keys and his jacket. "I'll try to be back before 12." Magic laughed. "Yeah right."