IV.

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

Isiah had just gotten home from being out with the team and was settled in his bedroom. It was 2 in the morning and he was getting ready to go to bed when he got a phone call. "Now who would call me at 2 in the morning?" Isiah answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi Isiah." It was Janet on the other line. "Well hello, what are you doing up at this time of night?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to call you, to hear your voice."

"Well that's sweet. How's the album making going?"

"Um about that..I stopped recording."

"Why?"

"Doesn't feel right, not at the moment anyways, I've decided to give myself some time off entirely right now and focus on other things, like you." Isiah smiled. "Focus on me huh?"

"Yeah, I'm back in California and I'm planning on seeing you tomorrow, how does that sound?"

"Sounds good, really good to me. I have a long practice but I'll come and pick you up anyway." Janet smiled. "So do you stay up a lot?"

"No, I'm usually sleeping but tonight is a bit different. What are you doing up so late?"

"I was out with the team and I noticed how late it was so I came home and took a shower then to bed but you called and I couldn't pass up a call from you."

"I'm glad you answered the phone for me." Janet bit her lip and smiled. Janet and Isiah stayed up on the phone for another hour before he heard Janet yawn. "You getting sleepy over there huh?"

"Who me? Nah, I could stay up all night."

"No, you need sleep."

"But then I'll have to hang up the phone and I don't want to hang up the phone." Isiah smiled and rubbed his eyes. "You don't have to hang up but you gotta go to sleep, I'll see you tomorrow anyway."

"Okay, I'll go to bed but can't hang up the phone until I fall asleep."

"Deal, goodnight Janet."

"Goodnight Isiah." Isiah closed his eyes for 30 minutes before opening them again. "Janet? You sleep?" In response, he heard a small soft snore on the other line of the phone.

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏