XX

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

It had been a week since Magic had finally announced his retirement from the Lakers. Magic still came around to watch games and even came in the lockers so he could congratulate Isiah on wins. Everything was fine for a minute, and then things hit the fan. "He said what Lou?"

"Yeah, I overheard Joe and him talking about whether or not you were gay. Joe seemed pretty stern on the subject and as time passed, so was Isiah. Also heard he started asking everyone else about it and he got some opinions that sat well with his choice on it." Magic could feel his blood rise. His own best friend, questioning his sexuality and spreading it through conversation like it was normal. How could he do something so stupid?

Magic was so mad he could cry. "Where is he?"

"Lockeroom." Magic grabbed his jacket and stormed to the lockeroom. Isiah was sitting down laughing with Joe when he turned around and saw Magic. "Magic! We were just talking about you man." Magic didn't even move his face to smile. "Aye buddy, you alright?"

"I don't know, you tell me." Isiah furrowed his eyebrow. "What's the problem, Magic?" Magic just looked at him. "You're so fake."

"What?"

"So, you and Joe think I'm gay?"

"Who said that?"

"You did." Isiah shook his head. "Magic why would I.. why would I even do something like that to you?" Magic shrugged. "You're the only person who hasn't said much to me all week Isiah and now I see exactly why. I thought you were my best friend but I see you can't even trust a rat."

"Oh I'm a rat now? A rat? Well hell if in being honest you're the rat too. You didn't tell me you were messing around with everyone on the block and you never told me one of those women was gonna be mine, Magic."

"You ditched her! What was the use to you, huh?"

"You're my best friend! Why would you go after someone I was in love with?"

"Athena didn't love you that much then."

"Excuse me?" Magic walked closer to Isiah. "Well, I wasn't the only fathering Bishop." Isiah scoffed. "We all know you're not the father, so why should I be pissed?"

"You're that gullible not to know why the relationship ended? I mean, it was mighty odd she likes me more than you." Isiah turned to look at Magic. "What does that mean?"

"You can't sleep with a person without liking them." All Isiah saw was red before pouncing right onto Magic. Chairs and lockers were being hit while punches were being thrown. "Aye aye aye! Stop this shit man!" Dennis tried to break it up but they wouldn't budge. "Stop this crazy shit man we got kids! We too old for this shit!" Bill ran out the lockeroom and while he was looking for help, he ran into Janet. "Janet!"

"Oh! Hey Bill, what's-"

"Isiah.. Magic.. lockeroom.. fighting." Janet ran to the lockeroom and saw the absolute chaos. "Oh my god, what the hell is going on?" Janet grabbed Isiah and pulled him off of Magic while Joe and Dennis held Magic.  Janet dragged Isiah to the corner of the room and sat him on the floor. "What the hell is going on?" Nobody was answering. Isiah was too worried about getting back up to fight Magic. "Let me at him! Stop holding me back damnit!"

"I will kill you, once I get the chance. You hear me Magic?"

"Hey, my time was up when I got the news, hit me with your best shot." Isiah tried to get up but Janet straddled his lap and held him down. "You know what? I'm done! Lose my number Isiah! Don't call me,don't come back my house, none of that shit! This friendship is done, I'm through with you!"

"You're doing me a fuckin favor!" Dennis and Joe let go of Magic and Magic grabbed his things and left the lockeroom. "Isiah please stop fighting me! Please stop!" Isiah looked at Janet and they locked eyes before Isiah broke down into tears. Janet sat up and held him. He screamed and yelled as he hit the wall and the lockers that were close to him. Bill came running in and examined the room. "I'll go get one of the aids."

Isiah's knuckles bled and bruised from the amount of hitting he was doing. His body temperature was hot and he was red in the face. Some of the team left the room and some stayed as they watched Isiah scream and hit the wall. "Isiah please just calm down, please." You could hear Janet's voice crack and tremble as she cried softly while holding Isiah.

One of the first aid came in along with their coach to calm Isiah down but he just wouldn't. "Can you all just please leave the room. Let him be." Chuck looked down at Janet and just nodded. He ushered everyone out the lockeroom. Janet let him go and sat in the corner as she watched him yell and hit the lockers. He finally stopped and slid down on the floor and cried. Janet crawled over to him and held him. He wrapped himself into Janet's hold and cried on her chest. "He was my best friend! How could he do that to me? How?!" Janet rubbed his back. "I don't know, I don't know baby."

"He was fathering Bishop." Janet looked down at Isiah. "That's surely not what pissed you off, right?"

"How could he father Bishop without sleeping with Athena?" Janet's mouth dropped. "He slept with Athena?"

"He knew how much I loved her. He knew how much she meant to me and he slept with her. I always thought something was wrong with me but in reality I did nothing wrong. He had been sleeping with her that entire time and I never even knew." Janet could see Isiah's breakdown from a mile away. "I'm so sorry love." Isiah cried in Janet's chest. "We're gonna get through this okay? Someway, somehow. We're gonna get through whatever this is." Isiah looked up at Janet and she wiped his tears.

"You and me? We're a team. I promise you, nothing will ever stop that. You don't have to worry about Magic trying to get me because I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here." Janet kissed Isiah's lips and continued to hold him. In the bittersweet silence of the lockeroom, there were two people sitting in it, not knowing what the future ahead would hold. But they knew whatever it was, it would hit them like hell, and when it came, they'd have to be ready for every burn, every blister, every bit of pain they were hit with, until they reached the end.

To be continued..

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐗 🎉