X

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

"Wake up!" Isiah busted through Janet's room startling her. In one hand, he was holding a cupcake that had a candle in it and in the other hand, he had a radio on that was playing Stevie Wonder's 'Happy Birthday'. Janet looked over and saw Isiah dancing and started laughing. "Happy birthday!" Isiah handed Janet her cupcake and she blew out the candle. "Strawberry cake and vanilla icing, all for you." Janet took a bite of the cupcake and smiled. "This probably tops every birthday cupcake I've ever had."

"I'm glad you like it. Now, you gotta get up and take a shower so we can go."

"Go where?"

"To your party remember? Your brother is throwing it for you?"

"Oh yeah."

"I gotta say you gotta be the biggest tomboy I have ran into cause you're the only girl I know that'll look fly as hell on her birthday. You outshined the men in here!"

"That's just what I do." Janet was enjoying her birthday party while playing cards with Magic And Randy. Isiah was talking to Jimmy and Terry and they couldn't help but notice that Isiah couldn't keep his eyes off Janet. "Man I just gotta say it, ever since you brought yourself in here, you ain't took your eyes off Janet."

"Hell, when the cake came out, he was looking at her and the damn cake." Jimmy and Terry started laughing. "I can't look at her?"

"Ain't say that, you been looking at her a lot though." Isiah smiled. "She's beautiful, I can't help but to look at her." Jimmy and Terry looked at each other and smiled.

"You know when Janet was away in New York, she played 'Distant Lover' a lot."

"She did?" Jimmy nodded. "Whenever you aren't there, she listens to that exact song. She said you and her have one thing in common, you both love Marvin Gaye." Isiah smirked. "I'll keep that as a mental note." Jimmy and Terry clinked their glasses as Isiah continued to look at Janet. Janet looked over at Isiah and smiled making him wink at her.

"Alright, come on." Isiah helped a tipsy Janet into her house. "Noo, the night isn't over me." Isiah laughed while helping her on the couch. "You sure about that?" Janet laughed. "You tryna run me a bath and show me a lil present on my birthday?"

"A lil present? Ain't nothing little about me but I can try." Janet sat up and smirked as she watched Isiah walk to the bathroom. Before they left, Isiah had set up Janet's room and bathroom with roses and candles. He wanted her to enjoy the rest of her birthday on him. Janet walked down the hall and her face lit up as she saw the roses.

She slowly undressed herself and got into the bathwater. After her bath, she wrapped herself into a towel. As she followed the roses, she could hear music coming from her room. When she opened the door, Isiah was sitting on the bed holding a rose. Janet looked over at the record player and noticed 'Distant Lover' playing. Isiah walked over to Janet and grabbed her hand. He laid back on the bed and Janet straddle his lap. Isiah slowly removed Janet's towel and started to rub on Janet's thighs. He kissed on her neck and chest.

Isiah kissed Janet's lips and she moaned softly. His hand went down to her clit and he started to rub it making her bit her lip. Isiah sucked on her neck leaving a hickey. He continued to rub her clit and she grabbed his wrist. "Isiah I-"

"What's wrong?"

"I can't do it I'm sorry." Isiah removed his hand. "Are you okay?" Janet nodded. "I'm fine I promise." Isiah kissed Janet's lips and she smiled. She got up to put on some clothes and Isiah watched her quietly.

"You pulled out my Marvin vynl?"

"Mhm." Janet smiled. "Come dance with me, please?" Isiah got up and grabbed Janet and started to dance with her. She held onto him and laid her head on his chest. "Isiah?"

"Yes?"

"I love you." Isiah looked down at Janet and kissed her forehead. "I love you too."

Janet groaned and stretched as she moved out of bed. She looked over to see Isiah was still asleep and kissed his cheek.

"You're up?"

"Didn't know you were up."

"I've been up since 6." Isiah opened his eyes and looked at Janet. "I was thinking of last night. The way you held onto me, the 'I love you', the way you didn't stop holding onto me until you got up just now, it just made me think."

"Think about what?"

"You. It made me realize that after all that shit I said, I wasn't beginning to fall in love with you, I was in love with you already and I didn't know. I didn't realize I was in love with you until last night. I am so in love with you and I'm not very good at hiding it." Isiah laughed making Janet laugh. "No you're not good at hiding it cause you couldn't stop looking me yesterday."

"You know Jimmy mentioned that to me yesterday."

"Oh you know Jimmy and Terry gon notice some shit, if it's the last thing they do." Isiah laughed.

"They also told me you listened to Distant Lover a lot whenever I wasn't around." Janet rolled her eyes. "They notice way too fuckin much."

"I'm glad they noticed." Janet smiled. "You know, Marvin does have a few good love making jams and I mean we both need to take a shower." Isiah looked at Janet. "What you tryna say?"

"I've never had sex in the shower and never had sex with Marvin Gaye playing the background." Isiah smirked. "Well you know, I think imma make you wait instead and just tease you while you're in the shower." Isiah got up from the bed and picked Janet up. "Tease me?"

"Unless you beg for it."

"Well let's see how much convincing you need."