XII

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

"Isiah? Why exactly do you not want to do it again?"

"Cause I know he would hate me that's why!" Janet sighed and rolled her eyes. A few days ago, Joseph called Janet and requested that Isiah and Janet had dinner with the family so Joe could finally be able to meet him, but Isiah was too scared to do it. "Now Isiah, my father would not hate you. Just be yourself and I promise you everything will go just fine." Isiah sighed and nodded. "Besides, you look good as hell. With you looking like this, we might not make it on time."

"I'll handle you after dinner alright? Now come on, I don't want us to be late."

"Mother why do I have to help in the kitchen? Can't you get one of the boys to do it?"

"Latoya all I'm asking is to bring the rest of the food into the living and make the fruit punch everyone likes." Latoya sighed. "Putting me to work."

"You never work anyway." Randy teased making Latoya roll her eyes. Then there was a knock at the door. Randy opened it and smiled. "There's my big headed sister."

"Big head? I know you ain't talking, head the same size as a huge rock." Randy rolled his eyes and hugged Janet. "Glad to see you alive and well little sister. And you my good man, it's always nice to see you."

"It's good to see you too Randy." Janet walked in with Isiah. "How have you two been?"

"Hanging in there, still the same ole same ole, just a little more love."

"You both disgust me with the lovey dovey stuff." Janet laughed and sat in Isiah's lap. "Hope you're even more disgusted cause it's gonna be happening all day." Randy rolled his eyes. "It's gonna be a long day."

"So Isiah, outside of basketball, what else do you do?"

"Uh well if I'm not doing a full on game I'm practicing or watching a game. My life is just surrounded around basketball but other than basketball, I'm with Janet." Janet started to smile. "I see she keeps your attention."

"Yes she does."

"So what drew you to my daughter?"

"Her heart, her kindness, how caring she is. Just all of her personality and her for being her. I honestly believe that's what drew me to her the most." Janet started to blush. "Thank you love, you're so sweet." Isiah kissed Janet's cheek. "So, why are you not together?"