VI.

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

"Rene what are you doing here?"

"Why do you look so shocked to see me, love?" Rene stepped in and kissed her cheek. Janet looked at him in pure disgust and scoffed. "Rene what do you want?" Rene sighed. "Look, I came to apologize. I know I fucked up and I take full accountability for it but I've changed Janet, I really have."

Before Janet met Isiah, she was in a relationship with Rene. They loved each other more than the stars loved to shine. Rene wanted to marry Janet, so he proposed to her, then everything went downhill from there. They started arguing and not speaking to each other, some days Janet thought Rene was falling out of love with her. He would make her feel so small and she truly loved Rene, to the point where she looked past all his flaws.

But one day, Janet lost it. A month before the scheduled wedding, Janet had scheduled a dinner for select people to come to. The dinner started at eight pm but Rene came in late. What made even worse was, he was drunk. He came in slurring his words and was a mess. When Janet got closer to him, she saw lipstick on his face and collar and could smell perfume on him. He told her that his mother kissed his cheek before he left and gave him a hug but Janet knew he was lying.

The reason why was because 1, his mother rarely wore lipstick and if she did it was a nude lipstick that matched her lips, it was never red, and 2, Rene's mother hated perfume. She loved natural scents and scented oils. Janet was so disgusted with Rene but that's not what pushed her button.

When Janet returned downstairs to try and continue the dinner without Rene, he came downstairs and embarrassed her. He started arguing with her and said something she'd probably never forget. In the heat of the argument, Rene started taking jabs at Janet's weight. He knew how sensitive she was about and knew she'd shut down. After he got through belittling her, he finished off his sentence with vile slurring. "You know Janet, after all these years, you're still the little spoiled bratted bitch that you've always been. You're pathetic, you know? Not knowing how to stop playing victim and just put on your big girl fuckin panties, instead you wet them with pissy bullshit and pissy situations that nobody cares about!" After he said that, he had a mini tantrum and messed up the dinner table.

Everybody watched and Janet stood there with tears in her eyes. "You're not even worth marrying." Janet finally lost it and threw a glass cup at Rene. It missed him by an inch. "Get out of my house! Pack your things and get out! The wedding's off it's done!" Janet took off her engagement ring and threw it at him. "The dinner's off, everybody just go home." Everyone left while Janet went upstairs and threw Rene's things either downstairs or out the window. She watched him grab all his things and leave. That was June of last year and ever since, Janet hadn't talked to Rene. She was torn for two months because of what happened.