006.

"the meeting is done." jake announced and everyone got up from their seats.

it's friday and thank god, jake can finally rest after an eventful week. there was really so much on his plate and he's relieved he almost done everything. he was also about to leave the council when his phone rang, it's his mom's secretary.

[i called to inform you that, mr and mrs sim are extending their stay at Australia.] the guy directly said. jake was silent so the other line continued. [i'll be dropping off these things that you need while your parents are away.]

"just please leave it by the living room."

[copy] and then his phone beeped.

"i almost forgot they were supposed to go home tonight."

jake locked the council's door and turned to kai and taehyun who was waiting for him to be done.

"you're finally done, ash."

"don't be dramatic, kai. you were waiting for what? five? ten minutes?"

"jay park has been elected as the new council secretary?"

"we don't have time to have an election so i accepted him right away as he was the only one to apply."

kai frowned, "jungwon told me jay must be the reason why the last secretary resigned."

jake just sighed, "i had to consider both sides, kai. besides, jay has the experience for the position. he's qualified and we shouldn't be questioning his abilities."

taehyun placed an arm over jake's shoulder, "a good president, indeed."

"you have a week left--"

"that's what i like about you, captain!" jake turned around to see ethan, beomgyu, and sunghoon laughing in the middle of the hallway.

jake panicked when he met ethan's eyes so he pulled kai and taehyun and ran away. he was sure that if he didn't ran away ethan will approach him, and he doesn't want that.

"what-- jake! stop! hey, who are we running from?" kai kept complaining but jake was too busy running to even pay attention to kai.

all he knows is he needs to get out of that place, asap. seeing that face just reminds him of his bold actions. ethan was right, it would've been better if he didn't know.

"jake stop, we're already at the parking!" the three stopped, catching their breaths.

kai rested his back in one of the cars near him, "what the hell, jakey? i felt like i was in a horror movie running for my life."

"well, i was, kai." jake replied still panting.

"this is just an observation... but are you avoiding ethan, jake?" taehyun asked.

and if it's possible to choke on your own saliva, then jake did.

"h-huh? what? n-no."

"would you mind telling us what happened when he drove you home after the party at the parks?" taehyun, ah, no matter where he goes, he always try to find some tea. 

"how about tell me first why of all people you asked that captain to take me home?"

"blame kai for it."

"me? i was just a concerned friend, jakey! and that night i heard from soobin hyung that yeonjun and beomgyu hyung told him that they saw you talking with the captain. so i thought, you became friends and i asked him to do that. he agrees and you're home. we all are."

"that was really pointless, riguer." jake said in disbelief.

"whatever, i'm still looking forward to the both of you. right, hyun?"