024.

weekends are over, meaning, it's hell again. at least for jake. specially, now that the council has a lot on their plates again.

hearing jay and iver bickering a meter away, made his pounding head ache even more.

they've been busy preparing for an upcoming event, since the semester's about to end, there's got to be a ball. and as always, the student council is the one in charge of the event. the pres have been reading many proposals made by the students for the event, and he has to sort it out, have the secretary revise it and pass it to the headmaster for approval.  

iver offered some help, of course, he really just had to decline because he knows he've been preparing for their final defense.  

"pres! could you help me here? yang don't want to have dinner with me!" jay whined.

and back to reality, jay was inviting yang to dinner but the latter wasn't giving to what jay wants.

the pres couldn't care less if he was seen rolling his eyes, "how the hell could i help you, park? the decision's not on me."

"yes, you can! just arrange a dinner for the whole council and cancel it half an hour before the meeting starts then it's just the both of us!"

oh gosh, he really think that's brilliant?

iver have his answer prepared, "and i still wouldn't come. you could reserve all the fine dining restaurants you know but i'm not coming." 

jay sighed in defeat, and honestly, the pres don't know if he should feel sad for the secretary or just laugh at him.

there's nothing much changed between them since jay came back. maybe it was really jay's fault for leaving his vice just like that so you just really can't blame iver for how he is reacting.

maybe he's just scared to be left alone again.

"use your brain, dumbass. it's there for a reason." jake added, which made jay pout and whine even more.

finally, he found the perfect timing to leave the two when his phone beeped. it was blake, asking to meet him at the lounge. 

of course, the vice couldn't stop him from leaving.

he sighed as soon as he closed the door of the council. sometimes, he just can't really take it when those two are around. it's been months and their still at their push-and-pull situation.

though jake could see that iver is slowly giving in. well, it's hard to suppress your feelings when you really like a person. not that the pres is in some kind of situation, he just kind of... knows.

sighing, he decided to talk to iver yang about it, some time.

when he reached the lounge, he hurried to sat himself in front of taehyun who seemed to be in some kind of blank state, "are you okay? i saw you from meters away and you weren't blinking. did dean do something? where is he--"

"t-the ball..."

"ball?" confusion can be seen all over his face. "what ball?"

at last taehyun blinked and looked into jake's eyes, "graduation ball."

"oh..." jake rested his back on his seat. "dean asked you to come with him?"

taehyun slowly nodded, he looked traumatized, "y-yeah. i-in front of... everyone."

"what?" his eyebrows met. "what do you mean?"

taehyun was lost for words, jake then looked around the lounge. everyone was whispering while looking at his friend from time fo time.