017.

"just yesterday, our pleasant friday afternoons project got approved. lorenzo, inform the music and art department by tomorrow. they'll have a lot of time after mid-terms since there's uac so tell them not to rush anything."

jay who was writing the minutes nodded, "yes, sir."

"and regarding the uac, the headmaster told me to look after the gym and report if there's something wrong and if none we could proceed to redesigning it."

"do we really have to do that? isn't it too much work for the student council?" haruto complained.

jake would too but as the president he should never turn down a task. all he can do is prove them that he and they can.

"we'll get some help, don't worry." jake flipped the papers onto the next page as he continued. "since the calendar for this month has been approved as well as the revised budget, we'd still have to provide for the pfa project though the departments have their own funds."

"lastly, be strict on the violators. we'd love to get some more help."

everyone in the room nodded their heads as jake has adjourned the meeting. when he was all alone, he grabbed his stuff and locked the council room.

jake quickly did his nightly rounds, wanting to go home so bad. it's been a tiring day for him as there's just a week left before mid-terms.

he could just heave a sigh of relief when there's no one else left in the campus. he just gave a subtle nod to the guard when he bumped into them at the parking.

jake was silent all through out the drive as he was so drained and exhausted.

as usual, their house made him feel lonely. it was quiet, dark and almost empty if not for the maid who greeted him as soon as he stepped inside.

he didn't bother going to the dining room to fill his stomach, he desperately needs to rest.

"what have you been doing lately?" jake halted his steps as he heard his dad's voice behind him.

jake could only whisper a curse before facing his father, "i've been preparing for the mid-terms and constantly organizing plans for the uac and other stuffs for the student council."

"make sure you're not neglecting your studies. it should be your first and foremost priority."

his dad pivoted on his heel before he can even utter a word. sighing, he proceeded to his room. changed his clothes into comfy ones and sat on his chair.

pulling out his weekly calendar, he reviewed his schedule for the next day.

there's exactly six days left before mid-terms, everyone's a lot busier at times like this. the students might be pulling an all-nighter or reviewing whenever they have free time, completing their requirements or projects just so they could take the exams, or just simply not giving a damn.

but for jake, it's only a matter of how you manage your time. he already has his planner for this week and he just have to follow or make adjustments if something comes up. and to start his day, he left the council to do his morning rounds with iver yang and lorenzo park.

today's sky is a blue-grey brindle with the softest accents of white. jake wondered if anyone noticed how pretty the sky was today, how the blue was bright and soft all at once.

it would've been peaceful and calm if it weren't for iver and lorenzo bickering early in the morning.

"if you don't shut up, lorenzo, i swear."

jay chuckled, "okay, chill--"

"pres!" the three of them looked back to see ethan running towards them.