021.

just as discussed, jake went to watch the championships. and to mind you, ethan did give the pres one of his jerseys, but there's no way in hell jake would wear it while watching the show. at least, not without a cover.

he insisted to sit at the middle row but taehyun and kai dragged him all the way to the front row.

'we're too fucking close, we might've as well sat beside the players.' jake thought but kept his mouth shut since it was already the third quarter of the game.

he really wasn't used to the loud cheers, the sound of their shoes running around the court and the commentator talking loudly on the mic.

"here's bas going for the three points-- and he did it! ball right onto the basket! and again for our face of the night is no other than our own student council president, ash jake sim!" the commentator said all in one breath.

"oh fuck." jake stopped himself from rolling his eyes. he don't know if he was shy or what because of the commentator saying that he was the face of the night again.

he didn't know that there was such thing. turns out, it was suggested by the former team captain, yeonjun.

the student council who was behind them cheered for him, taehyun and kai joining them. some of the players even looked back to them just to see his reaction but he couldn't give a fuck when all he's looking at is ethan.

'motherfucker' jake mouthed and the captain's grin even grew wider as the latter continued to ran around the court chasing the ball and him being the best player he is, he easily got the ball from their opponent, swiftly making his way back to their ring and earning a two point shot.

again, the crowd went wild. almost everyone screamed, cheering for ethan. jake could only raise his brows everytime ethan looks at him after earning a score. it's as if he's telling him that every score he earned is for him and because of him. and he never missed any of his shots.

"he's so cocky, everyone in the court would be annoyed with that attitude." the pres absentmindedly said.

"uhm, excuse me? mind you he's only like that to you." taehyun scoffed.

"of course, ethan has to show off. the pres is watching." jay, who was unfortunately, got an injury the day before the game, looked back to them.

he was sitting at the front row, right behind the players, iver yang sitting beside him is his friends, thyro riki and sunoo ayres.

the president paid him no attention as his eyes went to the scoreboard, the guests are leading by three points, barely 2 minutes left before the third quarter of the game ends.

jake doesn't know but there's something that makes him anxious. he refuses to accept that he's nervous that ethan and his team might not make it.

'his pride wouldn't be able to accept defeat. he'll make it. they will.' jake convinced.

kai couldn't help but to got up on his feet and cheer for soobin when he earned a three pointer shot, making them even with the guest.

fifteen seconds left on the clock, ethan was running back to their court while dribbling the ball. when suddenly everyone stood in shock, as the captain slides to the ground. yes, even jake.

it all happened too fast that no one could even react.

"shit! that looked on purpose." jay.

"the captain's fall didn't look too good." iver yang added.

"jersey number 34 is really getting on my nerves huh." kai also commented.

"and they call him captain? he's not suited for the title!" sunoo ayres kim complained.

from where jake sat, he can clearly see dean ranting to the referee and on how obvious that it wasn't an accident. their coach also came running to the referee after checking on ethan.

taehyun sat back, "it amazes me how quiet you are, even when he gets injured."

the other players started to circle around ethan asking if he was okay and all.

"i don't know. nothing's new to him when it comes to basketball." he simply answered.

jake could only watch ethan being escorted by sunghoon and yeonjun to the other players. their eyes met and the captain really had the balls to wink at him.

"seriously, i fucking hate his guts."

ethan asked for a substitution until the half of the last quarter. the referee blew his whistle and called for a defensive foul. and the game resumes.

now into the last ten minutes of the game, ethan was already back into the court making three consecutive shots and earning a two free throws because of the other's team captain.

"another two points from lee! let's go!" the commentator said.

ethan used it as an advantage to get ahead of the game and it's clearly working onto their favor making the other team annoyed.

it's getting intense and all, ethan's team are doing good by keeping their defense up and just basically wasting time running around the court passing the ball to each other and making a shot. as long as the ball is on their hands, then the winner's already decided.

fortunately, or maybe not, aces only leads by five points. and there's not much time left.

"go aces!!!"

"and oh! a three point shot from jersey 34, fourteen seconds on the clock!"

"fuck, didn't see that coming!" jay exclaimed.

"oh my god, are they gonna make it?" kai.

"what a turn of events! fasten your seatbelts everyone, the show just got better! now eleven seconds remaining!"

"aces! aces! aces! aces!" everyone started to cheer again as dean got the ball. he looked for an open space and didn't waste no time when he found one.

"seven seconds, and lee secures the ball, he's making a run for it! is he gonna make it?! is he?!"

ethan skillfully dodged every hindrances on his way as he settles himself on a three point shot place, he takes a glance on jake, then immediately looks back to the ring.

"what the fuck is he waiting for? if he wanna win then he better shoot it now." jake.

"jakey, cheer with us!" kai nudged, which jake barely heard.

"come on, aj! just once!" terry added and cheered.

"four seconds! is he not gonna shoot?! what is he thinking! time's ticking!" jake was once again, annoyed by the commentator.

"make me proud, gabriel!" he don't know if ethan heard it but the captain smiled as he throws the ball, as if calculated, it went straight to the ring.

"two, one!" the bell rang. "and ethan makes it! 95-89, another trophy to the collection for the champs, aces!"