026.

it's been two days since their argument, the pres had a lot of realizations. he wanted to act on it but he thought, maybe this is what he deserved. so he had no choice but to face the consequences of his foolish actions.

clearly, he wasn't thinking straight on how he should defend himself. in order to deny that he was simply jealous and needed reassurance, he went overboard and said the things that could hurt the captain.

jake wanted to apologize but he doesn't have the guts to show his face to ethan. as well as the fact that he became busy with the ball. he barely leaves the office when he have free time, and spends the rest of his time inside the classroom for their lectures.

even if the captain said that he was deeply hurt, jake still can't confirm if the former does feel something for him more than just being friends because he's fucked up if he's the only one feeling this way.

he needed it to be told straight to his face that he does like him.

"aj, you're really pale. are you even eating?" blake asked, his voice was tinted with worry.

the male received no response which made him heave a sigh, "we can talk to him for you, if you can't face him yourself."

still, jake was silent, "jakey, just accept it. the more you deny to accept it, the longer you'll suffer."

"you're also making it hard for yourself--"

"you two can go. i'll just finish this and go home."

they had an early dismissal and jake went straight to the council, kai and taehyun followed him because they were too worried they haven't seen jake eat anything and he's awfully quiet. worse than what they've seen few days ago.

they know that jake and ethan met that night but the both of them could just wonder what happened that's the only thing jake told them. no details or whatsoever.

jake can stubborn and really prideful. but by the way he told them made them see something else even with that tiny little detail. as his friends for a very long time, they knew it was only part of jake's defense mechanism.

kai and taehyun couldn't do anything but leave, they had no choice. it's just that they know that they can't force jake to do anything if he doesn't want to.

"i said i'll go home when i finish all this." jake firmly said as he heard the door open.

"p-pres..." he looked up to see iver holding lots of folder and walked to his desk to give it to him. "you could take a look at this tomorrow. also... i think it's best you take a rest. you don't look very well."

he placed the pen down, he knew he's not well, he can fell it on every inch of his system. but he had to force himself to fill himself with the things that would take his mind off of ethan.

"thank you for your concern, i just really have to get this done."

"jake hyung, your friends are getting more and more concerned about you. everyone in the council too. the headmaster have been informed about your situation and asked me to check up on you, he's worried the ball might be affected."

jake raised his brow, "he questions me? i've never failed him and it will never happen. tell him i'm fine and everything is going smoothly. if he want updates tell him the only thing left to do is the decorations on the venue."

"noted that, pres." iver sat down in front of him. "i know, i'm in no position to tell you this but he's not doing well either. even if the championships are done, they're still training and--"

"quiet, yang. i don't wanna hear any of it." the older firmly said.

"i thought you trusted the captain. i thought you believed in him--"