012.

ethan dribbled up to the three point line and faked a pass to yeonjun, the defense started shifting to the left thinking the former passed the ball and continued to shot the ball and listened as it ripped through the net.

"nice, we won!" jay cheered as he went to ethan for a handshake as well as yeonjun.

"it was a tight match. good game, lee!" soobin praised as he lifted his jersey up to his forehead to wipe the sweat off. 

for today's training they had a three-on-three match that their coach suggested, and there the coach assessed each of their strengths and weaknesses though their coach already knew what they were capable of. it's more like to see if they have made some changes on how they play.

"lee earned 39 points for their team that led them to their victory but he wouldn't have made it alone. park and choi also did well earning points for the team." their coach initiated as they gathered together.

it ended with the score 92-89, ethan subtly shook his head thinking he's playing poorly for today's practice though he's actually the mvp for the game.

"however, the other team is a bit lacking on their defense for today so we will have to work on that more." soobin, beomgyu and sunghoon nodded acknowledging their coach criticism.

their coach continued to speak but not even a single thing registered through ethan's mind, he was busy thinking that he played so poorly today. or maybe why he seems to be bothered while playing that caused him to have a hard time focusing. although he clearly knew what the answer was.

ethan nodded his head as he saw sunghoon and the rest doing the same thing on his peripheral view. seconds later, the coach finally dismissed them.

everyone parted ways as they all went for their bags searching for their towels or tumbler and freshen up.

"you're distracted, captain." beomgyu said as he tossed him his towel which ethan swiftly catched.

"no, how am i distracted? i even managed to beat you."

dean chuckled, "i'm not oblivious, you've been like that the whole day... or the whole week." dean's smile suddenly faded.

"what do you mean?" ethan grabbed his bag and walked to their locker inside the gym, dean tailing him from behind.

"i know you know what i mean."

ethan stripped off his top, wiping his sweats away as he put on his new shirt and completely aware that beomgyu is watching him. not in a malicious way, of course.

"come on, gabriel. i'm not your friend for nothing."

"instead of pestering me when you already know it, why don't you change and go home so i don't have to endure seeing your face?"

"stupid! as if i'm not sick of your face too! anyway, i wouldn't force you if you don't want to tell me. but! it also wouldn't hurt to say that you miss the president!" beomgyu remarked as he stormed out of the locker room.

ethan was stunned for a second. it got him thinking that maybe beomgyu was right.

it's almost given that jake is the sole reason why ethan is feeling something he couldn't name that's really disturbing him for quite some time now. or as beomgyu said, for the whole week.

"so that's what this is called..."

why does ethan misses jake though he almost never leave the latter's side since they met?

that's because they're both busy. ethan with his training and sudden piling up of school works. and jake with his duty as the sc pres and also his school works. this week, they barely met around the campus and even more impossible after school. they met in the hallways or in the parking maybe twice or thrice? and they really haven't talked or spend time together alone.