031.

all is well.

except that it's monday and they still got a month left for school. jake couldn't wait for the school year to be over, at the same time, he doesn't want it to end.

he'll be on his third year next year, and ethan on his last. that thought alone makes him sad... for some reason.

speaking of ethan, he hasn't seen him since this morning. they were both busy they couldn't even say hi to each other.

according to the captain, the basketball team held a try outs for aspiring players since school year is almost over. as for jake, he also have to the deal with some papers for their annual reports.

"we'll be off now, pres." iver yang said, lorenzo followed him and left the council.

it's already quarter to seven when their meeting ended. it took them a while to be complete since some of them had some school related stuff to do inside the campus.

jake was also happy to see the improvement of his vice pres and secretary's relationship. the ball really did something to all of them.

"i'm drained." he whined as he locked the door of the council.

it was already dark and cold, his surrounding was quiet, which is not new to him. he didn't mind walking alone, he was so used to going home late.

besides, the lights are still on so it didn't bother him that much. before he knew it, he was already in front of his car, ready to enter when his phone rang.

it's taehyun.

"hey." jake greeted.

[your meeting's done?]

"yeah, just minutes ago. i'm still at the campus parking though." kai and taehyun wanted to wait for him but unfortunately the former had something urgent coming up and the latter was called by his dad for dinner that turned out to be business related. "how's the dinner?"

jake felt how deep taehyun's sigh was making him chuckle a bit, [it sucks. i've might as well skipped dinner if i knew it's going to be like this.]

"we don't really have much of a choice, blake. it's really hard to be the only child."

[yeah, i hoped my dad just wiped me off of the blanket when--]

"that's gross, taehyun!" jake laughed following by taehyun on the other line.

[i'm kidding, anyways, kai texted me. he says he wants to have a movie night if possible, and told me to tell you since he'll be preparing.]

"how are we gonna say no then?"

jake could imagine taehyun rolling his eyes while saying [said he'd just invite soobin hyung over instead.]

"our riguer is winning on his love life, yeah?" the pres chuckled.

[what do you mean riguer? isn't it you both, ash? don't tell me ethan is just air.]

"taehyun... oh my god, you're making my head hurt like for real. ethan and i--"

[are nothing? blah, blah, blah. tell that to yourself.]

"y-you talk as if dean hyung isn't hitting on you!" jake retaliated just so he can get out of that embarrassment.

at this point, no one really believes that ethan and him aren't together. anyway, all that's left is the label for formalities.

[i'll be at kai's at 9, see you there.] and taehyun hanged up.

jake just shrugged it off and drove home with that one night with ethan playing at the back of his mind. his memories were vivid as if it just happened seconds ago. he remembers every single word ethan had told him.

when he reached his home, he was met by his mother sitting on the couch with a cup of tea on the table.

"good evening, mom."

"it's late." his mom remarked.

jake can't help but to avoid his mom's eyes, "we started the meeting late as some of the members didn't came on time."

there was a minute of silence before his mom spoke, "kai told me you're having a group study at his place?"

ah, of course, that's what kai would say. that's too suspicious for a reason since exams are over. anyway, as long as it's studying, his mom shouldn't disagree.

"yes, that... can i go?" jake asked hesitatingly. though, his mother never really declined kai's invitations or whatever, he's still nervous every time his friend does that.

"of course. but be home before midnight, if you're not coming home just send me a message."

jake swallowed the lump in his throat, "i will. i'll get ready now." jake took his mom's nod as his cue to leave and go to his room.

he packed his things since he's hundred percent sure kai would want them to just sleep over instead of going back home late. 

he was almost done packing when his phone beeped which was placed at his study table. it wasn't that far so he saw that it was from taehyun.

jake paid no attention to it finished packing his stuffs. seconds after his phone beeped again, three consecutive times. 

thinking it was still taehyun he proceeded and changed his clothes into casual ones. jake was about to top his shirt off the same hoodie ethan gave him when his phone suddenly rang.

jake went to his study table to see ethan's name on his screen. he swiped to answer the call right away.

[hey, babe! you home?] ethan greeted in his usual tone.

"yeah, you?"

[on my way home, it's red light so i called. on second thoughts, i haven't eaten yet. would you like to accompany me to dinner?]

"uhm, i'd love to but i already have plans for tonight." jake unconsciously pouted.

[oh, no problem, babe! who are you with though?]

"kai and taehyun, we'll be having a movie night at kai's place."

ethan hummed on the other line, [are you on your way there? i can drive you there if you want.]

"oh, the captain making excuses just to see me?" jake teased.

[i haven't seen you all day, and the tryouts were exhausting. i need rest.]

"yeah, so why don't you start driving home and get rest?" he suggested.

[i meant you, you're my rest. my sol.] jake felt his cheeks heat up, he's glad that the taller can't see him.

"what do you mean sol?" he barely managed not to stutter.

[you're my solace.] there the irrational of his heart beat again. every time it occurs, ethan is always the cause of it.

"i-i have to go. take care when driving. bye... my ace." he ended the call with a smile on his face. and with that, he went to his destination for tonight.

kai and taehyun was raising brows at jake when he arrived.

"someone's in a good mood, huh?" taehyun spoke.

jake tried to play it cool and shrugged, "i don't know what you're saying, let's just start the movie right away."

kai whispered something to taehyun that jake didn't catch, "let's go! we haven't done this in while, i'm so excited."

and they went to kai's room which is still filled with plushies. not gonna lie, they all liked it here. kai's room is just comfortable and light.

there were snacks and drinks prepared. taehyun was busy picking a movie to watch then they can all relax and have fun.

jake received a message from ethan which says,
'just got home, have fun there!'

so he replied,
'for sure, make sure to eat before you sleep. good night in advance too, i might fall asleep watching movies.'

and ethan replied back in an instant,
'you too, sol. i'll see you tomorrow. :)