You Hung the Moon

Warning : Some Swearing

Mikaleson Compound

Klaus is on the balcony outside of his bedroom, drinking a tumbler of bourbon, when he suddenly senses that he is not alone. He doesn't even need to turn around to know that Jackson and Elijah are behind him. "I thought I smelled swamp." Klaus said. He finally turns to face Jackson and Elijah, both of whom look furious as they glare at him. Just then, Daniel walked in and looked at Jackson surprised. "Jackson?" Daniel asked. Jackson looked at Daniel and gave him a nod. "What'd you do with Hayley?" Jackson asked Klaus. Daniel grew a confused look.

"Tell me what you know." Elijah said. Klaus walks toward them with a coy expression. "Has Jackson misplaced his bride? Come to think about it, I did read that global warming was affecting migration patterns. Try Georgia!" Klaus said. "I just left the bodies of people I care about to rot in the woods because you left them defenseless against poachers!" Jackson said. Klaus looks surprised to hear this, but smiles fakely to cover it up. "Like Kingmaker Land Development. Does that ring a bell?" Jackson asked. Klaus' smile falls, and Jackson realizes he's onto something. He looked back at Daniel who was looking at the ground as he knew if Jackson saw his face, his suspicion would be right.

"Yeah, the CEO is Lucien Castle." Jackson added on. "Shit." Daniel said under his breath. Jackson gestures to Elijah. "Elijah tells me you two go way back--" Jackson said but was cut off  by Elijah walking toward Klaus so they are face-to-face. "So, I will ask you once again-- what do you know?" Elijah asked. Klaus pointed at Elijah. "As it happens, I just came back from a romp with our good friend Lucien. You can find him in the penthouse of the gaudy new construction on Canal. And while you two are catching up, be sure to ask him about the prophetic vision he showed me of our family's spectacular downfall. You could use a good laugh." Klaus said.

Elijah sighs and points at Jackson. "You stay here. Niklaus and I will deal with this." Elijah said. "Actually, as long as Hayley's prowling about on two legs and unaccounted for, I'm staying with my daughter. Daniel stays as well since he's the only one, excluding me, who can keep her calm." Klaus said. Klaus walks toward Jackson, looking at him suspiciously. "And, should I discover that this is yet another cock-eyed scheme for Hayley and you to abscond with her, the paltry remains of your beloved wolf pack will be sniffing at your entrails come morning." Klaus carried on.

Jackson scowls at him, which makes Klaus smile as he walks away. However, Elijah vamp-speeds in front of him, blocking his way. "This doesn't frighten you, brother. But, one day, your daughter will know exactly the kind of man that her father is." Elijah said. His smile falls, and he looks at Klaus with a deadly serious expression. "If anything should happen to Hayley, you mark my words-- no one will have to take Hope from you. She will, without question, leave you of her own accord." Elijah said. Daniel grew angry and Jackson watched as Daniel's eyes went solid white and Elijah fell to his knees in pain.

"Listen hear Elijah." Daniel said walking closer to him before stopping in front of him. "Hope isn't your daughter. You don't know what's best for her. So don't start acting like her father. Because your not. Klaus is. And you choose to see the bad all of the time. But when he's with Hope, he's kind, caring, loyal. So why don't you take those words you said and shove them back up your ass." Daniel said before the colour returned to his eyes and Elijah stopped being in pain. Daniel walked out of the room to go make sure Hope was okay.

Later

Freya is arm-in-arm with the young man she picked up at Maison Bourbon and has returned home. They walk into the compound together as Freya smiles at him. "Nightcap?" Freya asked. She gestures around the room. "You'll find bourbon on basically every horizontal surface." She added on. "Or, we can skip to the fun part." The man said. Freya giggles as the two begin making out against an end table. After a moment, Klaus suddenly appears next to them and loudly interrupts their hook-up. "Freya! It's about time you brought a gentleman home to meet the family." Klaus said brightly.