I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus is sitting at the desk in his study and explains their situation with Lucien as Elijah paces around in front of the fireplace and Daniel leans against the wall. "And, given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy--" Klaus said but was cut off. "--You are to beware both friend and foe. But, let us not forget family, Niklaus." Elijah said. Klaus, clearly hurt by the insinuation, pauses for a moment before shrugging it off but Daniel could tell that Klaus was hurt by Elijah's words.

"Lucien's two out of three-- I say we put him down. Just like old times." Klaus said. "Just like old times? Brother, I wonder who among our family do you suppose has the greatest predilection for betrayal?" Elijah asked. "Brother, please--" Klaus said frustrated but was cut off by Daniel who was tired of them arguing. "Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered. Chiefly, what is he doing here?" Daniel said. Klaus remains silent, but looks at him curiously. "And the wolf venom... Why would he lie to you, his sire?" Elijah asked.

Elijah picks up one of Klaus' larger paintbrushes and tosses it in the air before catching it several times. "I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here, brother..." Elijah said and Klaus smirked. "We? I take it you will lower yourself to associate with your bastard brother?" Klaus asked. Klaus stands to his feet, and Elijah smiles fakely at him. "Have you finally forgiven me?" Klaus asked. "I will consider it..." Elijah said. Klaus looks pleased by this answer and smiles at him, but Elijah is not the least bit amused. "Wait for it." Daniel said. "..When Hayley forgives you, Gia rises from the dead, and hell freezes over. For now, however, let's just hope your little friendship with Lucien doesn't disrupt our mission." Elijah finished off.

"And there it is." Daniel said. Elijah turns and leaves the room without another word. Klaus, surprised and hurt by this reaction, just gapes in shock at Elijah's words. "Okay. Who's killing him? Me or you?" Daniel asked. "You do realise that he would kill you before you could kill him." Klaus said slightly amused. Daniel raised his eyebrow and flashed his solid white eyes and smirked. "I'd like to see him try." Daniel said. His eyes went back to normal and he walked walked out of the room. Klaus smiled. "As would I." Klaus said.

Downstairs

Daniel poured some bourbon into a glass and checked his phone as he was waiting for a call from Mia. He looked and saw no calls. He sighed and took a sip from his glass. "So, this isn't the welcome I had expected." A voice said. Daniel turned to the front door and saw Mia walking in with a load of bags. "But I'll take it since a very handsome man is stood in front of me." Mia said. Daniel smiled and ran up to her. She dropped her bags and wrapped her arms around his neck as he hugged her. "I missed you." Daniel said. Mia chuckled and pulled away. "I missed you too." Mia said and kissed him.

He pulled away and noticed that she was wearing the necklace he bought him. "Your still wearing it?" Daniel asked. Mia looked at the necklace and smiled. "Yeah. It's the most important piece of jewellery I own." Mia said and her face grew in realisation. "Oh. I got you something." Mia said and started rummaging through her bags. "You didn't have to." Daniel said. "I know but I wanted to." Mia said not looking up. "Aha." Mia said pulling out a leather jacket. "This is for you." Mia said. Daniel looked at the jacket and smiled. "Wow. How much was this?" Daniel asked. "Only €200." Mia said.

Daniel looked at her shocked. "What? Why would you spend that much on a leather jacket for me?" Daniel asked. "Because I love you and wanted to give you this." Mia said. Daniel smiled and kissed her again. "You don't need to give me gifts to show me how much you love me." Daniel said. "Your one to talk." Mia said. "I guess I'll just have to take it back." Mia said. She went to grab it but Daniel moved it out of her reach. "What? No. It's mine." Daniel said. Mia laughed. "Come on. Marcel wants to talk and I don't want to go by myself." Mia said. "Ok." Daniel said.