The Devil Comes Here and Sighs

Mikaelson Compound

Freya and Daniel are in one of the studies upstairs, where they are sketching a rough draft of a spell in two empty grimoires. However, Freya stops what she's doing when she hears footsteps pacing back and forth behind her. It's Klaus, who looks extremely anxious. Daniel carried on with his sketching as the two talked. "You're hovering." Freya said. "I'm supervising. How else to speed up your endeavors? Let's see. Perhaps I should bring Vincent here? Force him to aid you by removing his legs?" Klaus asked. Daniel looked at Klaus and gave him a look before going back to his sketches. "Vincent doesn't know how to kill Lucien, either. Besides, if he leaves the St. James, who knows what the Ancestors will make him do next?" Freya said.

Just then, Elijah breezes into the room and joins them. "The Ancestors are thoroughly occupied, according to Davina, terrorizing our brother." Elijah said. "What a surprise! Another day, another witch-inspired vendetta." Klaus said. "Well, Davina can take care of Kol for now. Let us focus our energies on Lucien. How do we demolish that rodent?" Elijah said. Freya and Daniel sighed. "We're working on it." Freya said. "Yes! While we all have our roles to play, Elijah can stay here and oversee whatever Freya and Daniel are doing. I'm going to actually accomplish something." Klaus said.

Elijah looks uneasy as Klaus walks toward the door, and he tries to stop him with little success. "Brother, accomplishing something--" Elijah said but was cut off by Klaus, who had lost his temper. "The time for talking is done!" Klaus said. Visibly frustrated, Klaus walks out the door without another word.

Later

Freya and Daniel are still sketching with pieces of charcoal. Their rough drafts are covering the coffee table, and Elijah is pacing impatiently. "Freya, Daniel, we are out of time." Elijah said. "A sigil is a complicated magical symbol, weaponized and condensed to its most potent form. If we combine the right elements, we'll have a chance at stopping Lucien, and if we don't..." Freya said anxiously. Daniel just then is brought into a vision. The vision shows a sigil on a floor with Lucien inside. Daniel is brought out of the vision. "Woah." Daniel said. Elijah and Freya looked at him confused. "What is it?" Freya asked. Daniel grabbed a piece of paper and his piece of charcoal and started to draw the sigil he saw.

A few moments later, he placed the charcoal down and held the piece of paper out. "Would this work?" Daniel asked. Freya took the piece of paper and looked at the drawn sigil. She looked at it shocked. "Yes. But, how did you know this was the one we needed?" Freya asked. Before Daniel could come up with an answer, panicked knocking is heard from downstairs. Freya, Daniel and Elijah give each other an alarmed look as they rush to the courtyard, though Hayley beats them there. She rushes toward Cami and a returned Emma with a worried expression. "What's wrong?" Hayley asked. "It's Klaus... Lucien has him." Cami said frantically.

Hayley turns to shout for Freya, Daniel and Elijah, who are approaching them as they speak. "Freya! Invite them in!" Hayley exclaimed. "Yeah, come in, you're invited." Freya said slightly overwhelmed. Cami looks nervous as she takes a step forward, and once she crosses the threshold with no problems, she rushes toward them. Hayley takes a look outside to make sure no one else is coming before following the group in the courtyard. "Tell us what happened." Elijah said. "Lucien ambushed him. He knocked him around like it was nothing." Cami said.

"Did he bite him?" Daniel asked. Emma shook her head. Daniel sighed in relief. "No. I think he wanted him alive. We followed them. Lucien took Klaus back to the penthouse." Emma said. Just then, Elijah's phone buzzes, and he scowls when he sees that he has received a text from Lucien. "Lucien is demanding my presence at the Whiskey Cask-- alone and immediately. He says if I delay, Niklaus will die." Elijah said. They all look anxious and overwhelmed as Elijah turns and walks toward the door.