Best Served Cold

Salvatore Boarding House

Daniel pulled up outside his past home and sighed as he looked at the front door. He raised his hand to knock on the door and he did before he could question himself. He waited a few moments before the door opened and it wasn't someone who he would ever see again. "Yes. May I help you?" The person asked. It was his mother. Daniel stared at her eyes wide in shock. "Mom?" Daniel asked just above a whisper, scared that this wasn't real. Lily looked at him confused but then recognised his eyes and knew who he was. "Daniel?" Lily asked and he nodded. He didn't waste another second before hugging her and she hugged back.

"How? How are you alive?" Daniel asked. "I'm a vampire." Lily said. "Really?" Daniel asked and she nodded. "The better question is, how are you alive?" Lily asked as last she heard, Daniel died. "I came back. Some friends of mine, their mother brought me back." Daniel said. Daniel gripped her arm but accidentally siphoned from her. He pulled his arm away in shock. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I guess with my new power, I sometimes forget I can do that." Daniel said embarrassed. "Your a heretic?" Lily asked shocked. "I'm actually a hybrid of three things." Daniel said. Lily looked at him confused. "I'm a vampire, siphoner and witch." Daniel said.

Lily then realised that he probably wanted to come in. "Do you want to come in?" Lily asked and he nodded. "Yes, please." Daniel said and they both entered the house. Daniel looked around. "Place hasn't changed." Daniel said and noticed the fresh flowers. "Fresh flowers." Daniel said and turned to look at Lily. "You would always put them out when we expected company." Daniel said. Lily smiled at his memory. Just then, multiple pairs of feet were heard walking down the hallway. Daniel looked and saw three people stood there. "Who is this?" One of then asked in a rude tone. She was blonde. "This, Mary-Louise, is my third son, Daniel Salvatore." Lily said and Daniel waved. "Hi." Daniel said.

"Another plain vampire?" A brunette said. "No actually." Daniel said. "What does he mean?" She asked confused. "Nora, be polite." Lily said. "It's okay. I'm three things. Vampire, siphoner and witch." Daniel said. They all looked at him shocked. "Are they okay?" Daniel asked his mom and looked back at them. "Is there something on my face?" Daniel asked. "That's not possible." Mary-Louise said. "Believe me, Mary-Louise. It was quite a shock for me too." Lily said. "Still haven't wrapped my head around it." She added under her breath. "Who was at the door, my love?" A male voice echoed through the house. Daniel looked at his mother confused. "Who was that?" Daniel asked. Lily looked at him anxious and worried. "That was Julian." Lily said. Just as she said his name, he walked into the room.

"Who's this?" Julian asked. "Daniel Salvatore." Daniel said and Julian went shocked. He then looked at Lily. "Daniel Salvatore?" He asked her. "I'm sorry. Do I know you?" Daniel asked as he felt like he knew this man. "How old are you?" Julian asked. "Appearance it real?" Daniel asked. He thought for a moment. "Appearance." Julian said. "20." Daniel said. "When we're you born?" Julian asked and Daniel looked at him confused. "1844." Daniel said and Julian looked back at Lily. "I'm sorry. What is this about?" Daniel asked. "Is this who I think it is?" Julian asked her and she nodded. "Can someone please tell what's going on?" Daniel asked and Julian looked at him. "I'm your father." Julian said and Daniel and the other three people went shocked.

"What?" Daniel asked, scared this wasn't real. Julian came closer to him and placed his a hand on Daniel's soldier. "I'm your father." Julian said. Daniel didn't know if he was lying or not, so he grabbed his arm and saw Julian holding him as a baby before leaving him with Lily. Daniel gasped and let go of his arm. Tears started to gather in his eyes as he caught his breath. He looked at Julian. "Your my dad." Daniel said. Julian nodded and hugged his son. Daniel tensed up but after a second he hugged back. He felt comfort his his father's embrace. It was different from when Giuseppe would hug him. He never felt comfort. But with Julian, he felt like he was home.