Wild at Heart

Jackson Square Market

Davina is at the market at Jackson Square, which is predominantly run by witches. She walks up to one of the stalls and addresses the woman working at the counter. "Hi. Do you have any angelica flower?" Davina asked the woman. The woman simply grinds herbs with a mortar and pestle and acts as though there is no one there, refusing to so much as make eye contact with her. Davina looks flustered and embarrassed. "Okay, I know I've been shunned, but you can at least look at me." Davina said.

The woman continues to ignore her until finally, Davina, near tears, walks away. Once she's a few meters away, Josh appears and walks up to the counter before cheerfully greeting the woman. "Hellooooo! I'm in the market for some angelica." Josh said. Davina, hearing what he's doing, turns back, but she only becomes more sad when the woman ignores him as well. "Perhaps you've heard of it? No? Okay. Follow-up question-- do you happen to have any kind of comment box, or complaint hotline? Because I've got a few thoughts about your customer service that-- trust me-- you do not want to end up on Yelp." Josh said.

This comment causes the woman to at least acknowledge Josh' presence by sighing and rolling her eyes as she glances up at him. Davina, even more embarrassed now, walks over to Josh and gently grabs him by the elbow. "Josh, let's just go okay?" Davina asked. Josh sighed. "Okay, fine." Josh said. Daniel and Mia were walking around when they saw the two. "Hey. Everything ok?" Mia asked her sister. "Yeah. Everything's fine." Davina said. Daniel walked up to the woman. "Please can I get something?" Daniel asked her but was ignored like Davina and Josh.

"Ok then." Daniel said. Daniel reached over and took a few things. The woman tried to stop him but failed. Daniel counted how many things he had taken. "Three things. Think of this as 1 item per person you ignored." Daniel said and walked away. Davina, Josh and Mia follows after him. "Why did you do that?" Davina asked. Daniel stopped and turned to her. "I heard that you were trying to get something but got ignored." Daniel said. He handed her a bag. Davina looked inside the bag and saw angelica flower. Davina smiled and looked at Daniel. "Thanks." Davina said. Daniel shrugged. "What are friends for?" Daniel asked.

Mia smiled at her boyfriend and kissed his cheek. Daniel smiled at her and took her hand. Davina smiled at the couple and liked that her sister was happy.

Later ~ French Quarter Streets

Davina, Daniel, Mia and Josh are walking down a street in the French Quarter while they catch up on what they've missed since they last saw each other. "Davina, I called, like, a billion times. It's kind of enough to make a guy feel... I don't know, shunned or something." Josh said. Davina gives Josh a look as Mia hits the back of his head, and his expression becomes somewhat guilty. "Sorry. Too soon?" Josh asked and Davina sighed. "Josh, I'm sorry I haven't called you back. It's just, things have been really..." Davina said. Josh, understanding exactly what she means, nods in agreement as he spins and blocks her way so she can't walk any further.

"Really... yeah, awful. No kidding. The thing is, this is kind of the whole reason you have friends, so you don't have to do the terrible parts alone alone. I know that you've talked with Mia as she's your sister and that's different but it wouldn't hurt to call once in a while." Josh said. Just then, a limousine pulls up to the curb, which both concerns and confuses Josh. "Whoa. Hey, should I be worried, or, like, really excited right now?" Josh asked. The window is rolled down to reveal Aya in the backseat, who looks amused but impatient. Josh sighs and looks even more concerned by the sight of her. Daniel glares at her. "You." Daniel said.

"Hello, Mr. Salvatore." Aya greeted. "Hello, Joshua. Ms. Claire, I assume you know who I am?" Aya asked Josh and Davina. Davina, looking nervous, nods at her. "I suggest you get in. We've much to discuss." Aya said. Josh looks concerned, but Davina gives him a reassuring look. "I'll call you later, I promise." Davina said. Davina gets into the limo and sits down next to Aya before they drive away, leaving Josh, Mia and Daniel standing on the curb. "They need her for something." Daniel said. "Yeah." Mia said.