A Streetcar Named Desire

Mikaelson Compound

Daniel, Mia, Freya and Elijah are in the study. Freya is pacing around the study while Elijah, looking tense, is standing and watching her. She turns and gives him an incredulous look. "You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling us now?" Freya asked. "She sacrificed herself in order to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you. No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life." Elijah said. "The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes." Daniel said.

"Just one or two." Elijah said. "Thankfully, not many friends." Mia said. Daniel laughed a little. Just then, Klaus walks into the room with Stefan in tow. Daniel furrowed his brows at the sight of his younger brother. "Stefan?" Daniel asked confused. Stefan looked over at Daniel. "Daniel." Stefan said, giving a small nod. "Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend." Klaus said. "And my little brother." Daniel said. Elijah hilariously rolls his eyes at the sight of Stefan, and Freya gives Klaus a hard look. "One of my trickle-down sirelings. Long story." Klaus said. "I take offence." Daniel said. "You don't count." Klaus said. Daniel smiled. Klaus turns to Stefan.

"Stefan, this is Freya, my brand-new older sister. Also a long story." Klaus said. Stefan nods and smiles weakly in acknowledgement, and Klaus turns back to Freya to address her as he pats Stefan affectionately on the back. "Stefan needs a favor." Klaus said. "When doesn't he?" Daniel muttered. Freya looks at Stefan suspiciously. "You're an old "friend," are you?" Freya asked. "Well... That kind of depends on your definition." Stefan said. "That's one way of putting it." Daniel said. Stefan smiles nervously, but Freya continues to scowl at him. "Well this isn't awkward." Mia said. Daniel hummed in agreement.

Later

Freya, Daniel and Stefan are in the upstairs living room, where Freya is unbuttoning Stefan's shirt to examine his X-shaped wound from Rayna's sword. Daniel refuses to look at Stefan after their meeting in Mystic Falls. After an awkward silence, Stefan speaks up. "So, um, just full disclosure... I dated your sister once." Stefan said. Freya chuckles and rolls her eyes. "You too?" Freya asked. Daniel gives her a look. One she shrugged her shoulders to. "While that seems like a great story, let's get back to your wound. A mystical vampire huntress stabbed you with her magic sword." Freya said. "Klaus killed her..." Freya said. "But, surprise, surprise..." Freya said as she mixes ingredients together in a bowl. "She regenerates." Daniel said.

Freya sighs dramatically as she walks back over to him. "And won't rest until you're dead." Freya said. "Right. So, no matter how far I run, this wound acts as a beacon, drawing her to me. So, I guess you could say it's been a bit of a rough week." Stefan said. "So you decided to come here?" Daniel asked. Stefan shrugged and Daniel rolled his eyes at his little brother. Stefan chuckles nervously as Freya begins to rub an herbal paste over the still-bleeding X-shaped cut with an equally nervous smile. "Well, I can't cure the wound, but this paste will mask its signal. Just let that dry, and you'll be on your merry way right after Daniel adds a protection spell on it to make sure it doesn't come off." Freya said. Stefan frowns in confusion.

"You know, not that I was expecting a, uh, parade or anything, but why is everyone so eager for me to go?" Stefan asked. "What's troubling the Mikaelsons this week? Oh, let's see. There's Elijah's super-secret society of ancient vampires..." Daniel said. "And one of their more zealous members, an old flame of Elijah's, is trying to undo my mother's most powerful spell..." Freya said. "So, basically a normal Tuesday." Daniel said. "Pretty much." Freya said. The two laughed a little. Stefan looked at his brother and saw how happy he was here. Stefan saw that he had a home here, a family who cared for him. He saw that Daniel had the life he always wanted.