I Was Feeling Epic

Salvatore Boarding House

Daniel had just pulled up to his old home when he heard to familiar voices. "Of all the days for this to happen, it happened today." A voice said. Daniel recognised the voice immediately. Damon. "Trust me, I know." The other voice said. Stefan. Daniel smiled to himself at their voices. Daniel walked around until he saw them standing outside the front door. "Are you just gonna stand there?" Daniel asked. Both Damon and Stefan looked over and were surprised to see Daniel stood there. "Daniel?" Stefan asked. Daniel smiled and nodded. Stefan walked over and hugged his brother. Daniel hugged back. The two pulled away and Daniel looked at Damon.

"I missed you too, dick." Daniel said. Damon let out a laugh and hugged his younger brother. They pulled away and Daniel looked at Stefan. "I guess congrats are in order." Daniel said. Stefan looked confused. Daniel pointed at the ring on his finger. "Caroline is very lucky." Daniel said. Daniel could sense something was different with Stefan. "You're human now." Daniel said shocked. "Yeah." Stefan said. "What else have I missed?" Daniel asked. Damon explained everything in his usual manner. "So basically, sirens, the devil and Katherine." Daniel said. Damon nodded. Daniel sighed. "Just a normal Wednesday." Daniel said.

The three entered the house. "There's got to be something we're missing." Stefan said. "Nope. Katherine won. She played the long game and finally beat us." Damon said. He then Sees Elena's coffin is empty. "What?" Damon asked. Daniel and Stefan looked at the empty coffin. Daniel presumed that's where Elena was. "Earlier, Bonnie's heart stopped. She said she saw Elena." Stefan said. Damon looked at Stefan. "Damon?" A voice asked. The three brothers looked over and saw Elena stood there. "Elena." Damon said. "What's going on? Is Bonnie..." Elena said but Damon cut her off. "Bonnie's okay. You're both okay." Damon said.

Elena laughed in relief. "I'm awake?" She asked. "You're awake." Damon said. He goes up to her to hug her and then stops as he realizes it's not Elena. "No. No, no, no, no." Damon said. "Rude." Elena said. Daniel sighed. "Seriously?" Daniel asked. "You got to be kidding me. Katherine." Stefan said. Katherine smirked. "Hello, brothers." Katherine said. She looked over and saw Daniel. Her smirk widened. "Hello Daniel." Katherine said. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Katherine." Daniel said. A few moments later, Katherine is pouring herself a drink whilst the three brothers watch her.

"Am I drinking alone?" Katherine asked. "Where's Elena?" Damon asked. "Dead. A spiritual coma, if we're getting technical." Katherine said. Daniel didn't miss this. "Her physical body. Where is it?" Stefan asked. "That's for me to know, and for you to dot, dot, dot. I hope you enjoyed the little show I put on for you. It's been a hoot watching you take on the devil." Katherine said. She chuckled. "Especially considering I've had him wrapped around my finger since the minute I stepped into hell. Why did you think he wanted you? Because I wanted you. Duh." Katherine said.

Her drink gets tossed aside as Damon vamps up to her. "Damn it, Katherine. Where is she?" Damon asked. "It really is the perfect revenge. At 10:00 p.m., Mystic Falls will burn, precious Elena will burn and I'm guessing one of you two Salvatores are going down with her. Shame that Daniel will as well. Should I place my bets now?" Katherine said. Stefan stabs her in the upper arm with the bone dagger made for her, she falls down, seemingly dead. "Well, that shut her up." Damon said. A clock in the boarding house ticks. "Oh shit." Daniel said. "We're running out of time. We have to find Elena. Let's go." Stefan said.

Later ~ The Woods

Damon was there and was on the phone with Stefan. "The boiler room? There is a horror movie reference in there somewhere, but it escapes me." Damon said. "I'm fine, but she's trapped. We're running out of time. You have to get Katherine to break the spell." Stefan said. "I'm all over it." Damon said. He then hung up. "Need something?" A voice asked. Damon turned around and saw Katherine leant against a tree. "You're like a bad penny." Damon said. "Funny thing about that bone dagger, it sends me to hell, but it can't keep me there." Katherine said. "I'm sorry." Damon said.