An Old Friend Calls

Daniel's Loft

Mia woke up to the morning light making the room light up. She felt an arm draped over her waist. She looked behind her and saw Daniel asleep. She fully turned to face him and examined his face. She saw that his jaw looked more defined. His skin a little paler and his hair a little darker. She then remembered the events that have occurred. She's a vampire now. Immortal. "I can feel you staring at me." Daniel's tired voice said. He opened his eyes and looked at her. Mia smiled sheepishly. "Sorry." Mia said quietly, blushing. Daniel smiled tiredly and brought his hand to her cheek, rubbing his thumb against the smooth skin.

"You're cute when your flustered." Daniel said. Mia smiled and Daniel smiled back. "There's that smile I love." Daniel said. Mia kept smiling at him. "How are you feeling?" Daniel asked. Mia sighed. "Hungry." Mia said. Daniel nodded. "Come on." Daniel said. They both got changed and went to the kitchen. Mia hopped onto the counter top as Daniel went into the fridge. "What are we feeling? A negative, B positive or AB Negative?" Daniel asked. Mia thought for a moment. "Hmm. A negative." Mia said. Daniel opened a drawer in the fridge and pulled out an A negative blood bag. He gave the blood bag to Mia. "Now. The important thing here is control. You need to learn to control the bloodlust." Daniel said.

Mia nodded. "Okay." Mia said. She brought the bag up to her mouth and started to drink the blood like her life depended on it. Daniel saw this and quickly took the blood bag away. Mia whined and pouted a little. "I lost control, didn't I?" Mia asked. Daniel nodded. "It's okay, though. It's takes time to learn." Daniel said. Mia nodded. "You'll eventually get it." Daniel said. He handed the bag back to her. "Try to focus on something when your drinking the blood. Like when you shoot one of your arrows. Focus on something other than the blood." Daniel said.

Mia decided to think about the people she cared about. She thought about Marcel. He had rescued her and Davina from the witches and became a father figure to them. Davina. Her twin. Even though Davina was the older twin, she sometimes acted like the younger one. Josh. The best friend. She met him when Davina got rid of Klaus's compulsion on him. Then there was Daniel. The person she loved. He cared for her as if she was the most important person in the world. She looked at Daniel and saw him smiling. She pulled the bag away from her lips. "What is it?" Mia asked.

"You did it." Daniel said. Mia looked at him confused. "You managed to control the bloodlust." Daniel said. Mia looked at the bag and saw that it wasn't empty. Mia smiled. "I did it." Mia said, happy. "Whatever you were thinking about must have worked." Daniel said. Mia smiled to herself. "Yeah." She said. "Well, I've gotta go somewhere. You need to stay here." Daniel said. "Why?" Mia asked. "Well, you could leave. It's just that I don't want to date a burnt corpse." Daniel said. Mia made a face of realisation. "Gotcha." Mia said.

"But. I'll come back with a daylight ring for you." Daniel said. Mia smiled. "Okay." She said. Daniel kissed her before leaving the loft.

Later ~ St. Anne's Church

Kol has just awakened in Davina's former bed to find Davina in an armchair reading a book. He groans as he tries to sit up, and Davina stands to walk over toward him. "You've been asleep for three days." Davina said. "Regenerating from ash takes a lot out of a man." Kol said. He stands to his feet and starts walking toward Davina with a smile. "You have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now." Kol said. Davina smiled. "So, what's stopping you?" Davina asked. Kol stops walking and looks up at the sunlight streaming through the window. He holds his hand up to it, and it starts to burn, causing him to groan slightly.

"Well, I can take the heat..." Kol said. He finally yanks his hand away. "...If it means I get to kiss you. But, letting the church burn down to ashes may be considered sacrilegious." Kol said. Davina looks shocked and slightly disappointed to find that Kol is back to being an Original vampire. "...But y-you were a witch..." Davina said. Kol smiles weakly at her. "The spell you used brought me back as I was when I died in this body." Kol said. "Kol, I've heard the stories. When you were a vampire, you were..." Davina said but Kol cut her off. "A psychotic maniac." Kol said.