Heart Shaped Box

Daniel's Loft

Daniel walked into his loft, carrying some boxes before setting them on the ground. "That's the last of them." Daniel said. "Great." A voice said. Daniel looked behind him to see Mia opening some of them. "I'm surprised it didn't take that long to move in." Mia said. Daniel walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Well, it's a lot faster when you can compel people to do this for you." Daniel said. Mia laughed out loud and Daniel smiled at her before kissing her cheek. The two looked around at the different boxes that were currently living on their floor. "Home, sweet home." Daniel said. Mia looked up at him before kissing him. The two kissed for a minute before pulling away and smiling at each other.

Daniel then heard his phone ringing. He pulled his phone out and saw it was Freya calling him. "Freya's calling me." Daniel said. Mia smiled before going to open more boxes. Daniel accepted the call. "Hey." Daniel said. "Hi. Klaus has officially lost it." Freya said on the other end. "What has he done now?" Daniel asked. "He's decided to compel the whole police department to track down Aurora. He threatening to throw the chief off the railing." Freya said. Daniel sighed. "I'll be there in a minute." Daniel said. Mia walked back in the room. "I need to go. Klaus is going crazy." Daniel said. Mia nodded. "Yeah, go." Mia said. Daniel smiled at her. "I'll be back soon so we can unpack together." Daniel said. He kissed her before vamp speeding out of his loft. Mia sighed before looking around the loft and smiling.

Later ~ Mikaelson Compound

Klaus is on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where it initially seems as though he is speaking to someone standing next to him. "The taxpayers of New Orleans deserve a skilled Chief of Police." Klaus said. It is then revealed that Klaus is holding a man in a police uniform in a choke-hold off of the balcony with one hand while he sips a cup of coffee with the other. The police chief squirms and gasps for breath with a terrified look on his face. "How inept are you if not a single one of your men can locate the woman I seek?" Klaus asked. The police chief pleads with Klaus as he dangles over the courtyard floor.

"We're tryin'! She's a ghost!" The police chief said, which caused Klaus to sigh. "Aurora de Martel is rather petite and may indeed be able to slip through the cracks like a wicked little cricket, but she is not a ghost." Klaus said. Klaus smirks devilishly. "Not yet." Klaus said. Klaus leans forward so he can look the police chief straight in the eyes. "I think this city's finest could try a little bit harder, hmm?" Klaus asked. Footsteps can be heard approaching, and Klaus turns to see Freya, Daniel and Elijah walking toward him, looking at Klaus with exasperation. "I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya said. Elijah rolls his eyes and gives Klaus an incredulous look.

"Niklaus, for Heaven's sakes! Release the poor creature." Elijah said. The police chief whimpers and shakes his head frantically, but Klaus simply shrugs and drops the man, allowing him to fall onto the floor of the courtyard. Elijah and Freya both give Klaus hilariously exasperated looks, but Klaus simply smiles smugly at them. Daniel simply rolled his eyes at Klaus's childish behaviour. "That's not what I meant!" Elijah said. Klaus continues to smirk as he walks past Elijah into the upstairs living room. "He'll live! And he'll remember to do better." Klaus said. Elijah, Daniel and Freya roll their eyes and share an annoyed look before they follow him to continue their conversation.

"Is all this torture necessary?" Daniel asked. Klaus ignores this question and instead calls out into the hallway. "Where have you been?" Klaus called out. Marcel walks into the room and immediately looks annoyed at Klaus' tactless behavior before responding with a sarcastic comment. "I was making sure that the Strix and their witches are out trying to find your loony ex-girlfriend. Is that okay by you?" Marcel said. Elijah sighs and interrupts their fighting. "Gentlemen, please." Elijah said. "All of our heads are on the chopping block because he lost the one thing that can kill an Original." Marcel said annoyed.