Saviour

Mikaelson Mansion

Cami is sitting in an armchair in the courtyard, which has been completely made over with Christmas decorations, including a huge tree in the middle of the room that is adorned with white light and gold and red baubles. Cami is watching with equal parts curiosity, horror, and exasperation as a compelled woman drains blood from a cut on the palm of her hand into a wine glass. Cami gives her a confused look. "Do they, like, pay you?" Cami asked the woman. The blood donor smiles at Cami cheerfully as Klaus waltzes into the room and answers her question.

"Handsomely! And with a generous Christmas bonus." Klaus said. Klaus looks over at the woman, who hands him the glass of her blood. "Isn't that right?" Klaus asked. The woman smiles weakly and nods before she leaves, and Klaus smirks at Cami in amusement as he sits down in the chair next to her to enjoy his morning meal. "So, you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?" Cami asked. "I compel her to feed me... and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever the hell she wants." Klaus said. Cami laughs despite herself, and Klaus sips his blood with an amused smile.

"You seem better." Klaus said. Cami smiled. "Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay here the last couple of days, and giving me space to not talk." Cami said. Klaus seems pleased to hear this. Daniel and Mia then walk in, both drinking coffee. "Morning." Daniel said. "Good morning." Klaus said. "How are you, Cami?" Mia asked. "I'm good." Cami said. "Good to hear." Mia said. "Why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah? I hope it's not to stay and babysit me." Cami said to Klaus. Klaus looks slightly ashamed for a moment as he glances sheepishly around the room. "It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces, given that the prophecy foretells one family member felled by another." Klaus said.

Cami can see that Klaus is worried and gives him a reassuring smile. "You don't think he would hurt you?" Cami asked. "I don't know what to think." Klaus said quietly. Klaus sighs before leaning forward and setting his glass down on the table. "The damn fortune-teller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts..." Klaus said. Just then, Cami's phone buzzes in the pocket of her jeans, and she reaches over to take it. When she looks at the screen, she finds a text from Vincent that reads, "Kinney's in trouble". "It's Vincent. I have to go." Cami said. This news worries Klaus immensely, and his face looks pained.

Later

Daniel and Mia were sitting in the courtyard and were talking. "So, Klaus and Cami?" Daniel asked. "What about them?" Mia asked. "You seriously can't see that they like each other?" Daniel asked. "I don't know. I don't see it." Mia said. Daniel raised his eyebrow. "$20 that they get together." Daniel said holding out his hand. Mia laughed a little. "Your on." Mia said shaking his hand. As they shook hands, Mia pulled him closer and kissed him, to which he responded by kissing back. He pulled away and looked at her. "What was that for?" Daniel asked and she shrugged. "Sealing the bet." Mia said and Daniel laughed. "Oh yeah. Maybe we should do that again. Just in case." Daniel said getting closer to her. "Good idea." Mia said and the couple kissed again. Suddenly the two are making out but are interrupted by Jackson carrying Freya.

"What happened?" Daniel asked worried. "Vampires attacked her." Jackson said. He placed Freya down on the couch. Hayley has just rushed into the compound to find Jackson, Daniel, Mia and Freya in the courtyard. Freya is weakly laying back on the couch, her broken arm bound up in a makeshift sling with Jackson's button-down shirt while Jackson paces anxiously. Daniel and Mia are stood off to the side. Hayley immediately walks over to them to find out what's going on. "Hey, I got your text. What happened?" Hayley asked. Hayley sees how badly injured Freya is and walks over to the couch to sit next to her while Jackson explains.

"She got jumped. Three vampires, all dressed like yuppies." Jackson said. Hayley sighed. "The Strix?" Hayley asked. Jackson nodded. "Yeah. She needs your blood." Jackson said. Hayley wastes no time biting into her wrist and offering it to Freya to drink to heal her wounds. After a moment, Freya stops drinking and sighs in relief as she recovers from the attack. "Why didn't Daniel feed her his blood?" Hayley asked. "I-I... I don't really have an answer for that." Daniel said. "You okay?" Hayley asked Freya. Freya nods, and Hayley, looking impressed, smiles at Jackson.