The Reveal

I'm gonna keep the texting format for the story time stamps will be added like messages when they do

So? How was the drive?

Hailee approached y/n and began to wave her hand in front of a stunned y/n's eyes.

Oh, this is too good.

What?

I honestly expected you to be way more confused or mad even.

Look maybe later I will be.

Honestly, I'm still awestruck by all the stops you pulled for me.

Yeah you are taking this all really well.

 So... Emily?

 Emily Junk from Pitch Perfect?

 You seriously gave me a character name!

Oh there it is. The questions I was expecting.

You couldn't come up with anything else?

Yeah I gave you a character name.

In a way they are all a part of what got me to where I am now.

And no I'm sorry I couldn't come up with anything else.

The other options where my brother, my mom, or my dogs so yeah.

I mean I can't blame you but out of all the characters Emily? 

Why?

I mean you can't just tell any stranger you're Hailee Steinfeld.

I was not about to admit that after the massive embarrassment of texting a random about a date I thought went well.

Oh man, the alternate reality where you did though.

I really would have just thought you were some stupid teen on the other end of the line. 

See don't shit on Emily it was a half ways decent cover up!

And Emily wasn't just pitch-perfect.

Emily was also for Dickinson, I loved that project one of my first times executive producing, it'll always have a special place in my heart.

It was also one of the last roles I played.

Kate and Vi were a little too obvious in my mind.

Very true, I'll be honest with you though.

 I did really love your work in EoS, Dickinson, and Hawkeye was really cool too.

Oh, y/n thanks it means a lot, those projects are all special in their own ways.

Well now that my fangirling and confusion are over what do we want to do?

can we actually do anything?

how  does that work?

 Are the paps an actual thing that happens often for you?

I mean there was a wall of them outside when I walked in and I'm nobody!

Don't be like that y/n! 

You are someone you are 1. My internet bestie and 2. An amazing visual artist

I think I can die happy now.

Adult me is keeping my cool teenage me is shitting bricks right now.

You not only know who I am but i'm your bestie and you like my work.

I need you to pinch me.

I'm not pinching you. 

Hailee.

I'm not pinching you.

But I will take your hand and get us the hell out of here.

Wait you didn't answer if the paps were a problem or not!

Oh them, they're always here hoping for a good shot!

They shouldn't be an issue we can sneak out the back!

 I already had someone pull the getaway car around back.

As for the rest of the day, have you ever seen paparazzi shots of me lately?

No?

I don't think so.

it's not like I go and actively search for them.

Exactly.

I don't get tapped often and when and if I do most of the time it's under the radar.

Ok, sneaking out of a fancy hotel seems fun let's do this!

Well, we don't have all day let's do this!

Before y/n knew it she was being dragged down the winding hallways of The Beverly Hills Hotel. She was truly living through a movie. Stopping at corners to be Hailee's lookout and make sure they didn't get stopped by a stray fan. After clearing the top floor the two came across an open housekeeping door. Hailee gave y/n a look and suggested they make this escape all the more fun. Y/n had nothing to lose, why not have a little more fun. When they made it into the room they found extra housekeeping uniform shirts. They put them on and slowly made their way down the 5 remaining floors. They cleared two floors with no issues and took inventory of their carts when they noticed anyone staring at them longer than a few seconds. On the third floor they came across they spotted a pap who must have gotten a room here and gotten access to roam the halls trying to spot anyone they could sell a shot of. luckily Y/n and Hailee walk by undetected. Unfortunately in their escape Hailee and y/n came across a fan that called Hailee out by name. While in any other situation, she would stop Hailee took y/n's hand and ran down the hall trying to lose the fan. They booked it to the back stairwell where they ended up losing the fan. Now came the real challenge, the lobby. 

The lobby was the belly of the beast. There were paps everywhere. It was going to take a Hail Mary or some expert-level spy skills to get out of the building without being spotted. Just when Hailee and y/n thought they were going to have to admit defeat it was as if the stars had aligned because in walked Scarlet Johansson taking all the attention in the lobby. Giving  y/n and Hailee the perfect window to get out of the stairway run past the elevators out a service entrance and hop right into the bronco Hailee had waiting for them.