Release Day

In the weeks following the 4th of July leading up to the release of Coast Hailee spent every waking moment fighting with R*publ*c R*cor*ds. She was trying to get some form of promo for the song. Hailee wasn't asking for much just more than the one post she got for Half Written Story. Unfortunately, history would repeat itself and Hailee would come out of these meetings and talks with nothing. However a few unlikely brands promoted the song a few being Core hydration and Prive revaux both companies she had partnered with.

 Oh man, Hailee isn't in bed again...

*gets out from under the bedsheets on and grabs her glasses*

That can only mean one thing, she's on the phone with the label again.

*gets up and walks to the shared studio*

Ok, but this song is already out in some parts of the world but in the states, it will be out at 9 pm my time. I just want to know if there's going to be any promo for it?

Ok but like... I'm not getting a music video so I feel like the least I could get is some promo most artists have one billboard in times square. At this point, I'm just asking for a few posts. Why am I asking for that....

Anderson Paak. is on the song... HE'S in SILK SONIC that's why. The real insanity is that he's on the song and he and Bruno blew up when they hit the music scene! Seriously how are you not going to push the song?

Yeah, I understand Beyonce is Dropping music but you told me this was the day I was going to put it out. Y- ye-

okay alright bye. *slams the phone on her desk* Fuck me how hard is it to promote a song?

*slowly nudges the studio door open* I take it here isn't going to be any help from the label.

*holding head in her hands hunched over desk* Nope. But I shouldn't even be surprised at this point.

So it looks like I'm going to spend the afternoon in here trying to figure this out. This song means a lot to me and I can not just watch it go out and have it not be heard.

*walks up behind Hailee and rubs her back* Look I know I'm just one person but your fans are going to love it. That's all that matters because through them that song will find others.

I think it has a real song of the summer potential.

You know what you might be right. *kisses y/n* I really am glad I have you by my side during all this. It's still difficult but it's all a little easier to handle with you in my corner.

What can I say I'm a pretty good emotional support baddie.

On a more serious note though, I'll always be here for you.

*deep exhale* Well looks like I'm on my own as far as promo seeing as I'm not a massive star like Ariana Grande, Drake, The Jonas Brothers, Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, or our girl Dr. Taylor swift. 

While it's true that you aren't any of those people you are Hailee Steinfeld.

Yeah I know I am.

But do you really get it though? I mean yeah they all have music careers but you've done it all.

You are an Actress, Singer, and Executive Producer-