Family Dinner

Hailee jumped in the car threw it in drive and raced up the hill to her house. Hailee had never missed a family dinner and she had certainly never been late to one either. So completely forgetting about one truly spoke volumes when it came to the effect y/n had on her. Time slipped away when Hailee was with y/n and she wanted that to happen more often. But for now she had to do her best not to let time slip through her fingers. She needed every second she had to get the two of them looking presentable for family dinner. So Hailee pulled into her garage and turned off the ignition on her car and turned to look at y/n.

Alright, y/n follow me. 

I know I'm going to sound short with you right now that is not my intention but I am beyond behind for my normal schedule.

Which is my own fault so don't try to apologize for it.

ok 

Look we're just gonna go in through the garage because my laundry room is on the other side of that door. We can get towels and dry ourselves off and I can plan further once these jeans aren't suctioned to me.

I mean that and the towels are gonna get us a little warmer.

Even though we had the heater on I'm freezing since the garage is dark and cold.

Yeah I feel the cold setting in too.

So lets get moving.

The two ditch their soaked shoes in the garage. Their wet footprints on the ground show the slip-and-slide struggle they had in Hailee's epoxied garage floor. But after a small struggle and a few near falls the two made it into the safety of the warm house. Hailee grabbed her biggest and fluffiest towels for the two of them to dry off as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

The last thing I want to do is track water around your palace.

I don't know that I'd call it a palace, its big I know but it has space for me to entertain and host family.

I wouldn't mind though the whole place is mostly tile or hardwood so it's all fairly easy to mop up.

Thanks for being so considerate though.

Well I was raised to leave a place in the same if not better condition you left it in.

It's hard to leave it cleaner if we have a dinner soon.

That's very true.

Speaking of that I'm going to head to my bedroom it's where my clothes are...

Stupid of course they're in there.

Hey you never know maybe you have handbags in that closet and your regular closet is in the guest closet.

Well that one actually has the home studio set up.

but thanks for saving me from embarrassment.

I could get used to this you know.

Well I can only save you if you embarrass yourself and you don't do that all that often.

But you need to get focused up Hailee time is slipping by again.