Debut Part 1

"Trust Jasmine when things get rough. She may be the youngest, but don't doubt her strength and experience as an Adventurer," Reynolds advised Arthur as he pulled him into one last firm hug.

"Hey, what about me?" I objected in mock protest.

"I know how strong you are, dummy, I don't need to rely on you." He stuck his tongue out.

I backed off as I saw the rest of the Leywins approaching. I put on my mask, using sound magic to change my voice. "I'll be going first. Meet you guys at the Guild Hall." They turned to me in surprise, hearing my deep voice. "I won't be too long."

While the Leywins were seeing Arthur and Jasmine off, I paid one last visit to the Xyrus Orphanage.

"Mary, I'm here." I said, mask off.

"Kuro!" She smiled brightly, before seeing my attire. "Is it that time already?" Her smile softened as she realized.

"It is. I'm going Adventuring with two other people. Friends, of course." I returned the smile, hugging her.

"YEAH, BIG BRO K IS HERE!" the kids that spotted me shouted in excitement before bombarding me with hugs.

"Haha, what's up guys?" I picked up everyone with Wind magic.

"You can't keep me here for long, though," I laughed. "I gotta meet the others at the Guild Hall," I said as I retreated from the traps that were the children of the orphanage. "I'll be back after my first mission!"

________________________________________________________________________________

When I got to the Guild Hall, Arthur and Jasmine had also just arrived and were about to walk in. I snuck behind them.

"Behind you." I poked Arthur's nape.

"Woah!" He grabbed his neck. "When'd you get here?"

"I've been following you guys for a while now," I lied.

"Jeez man, at least tell me if you're behind us." He rubbed his neck. "And don't do that again, weirdo."

I stepped in front of them, just as we reached the entrance. "I'll lead the way. Don't be surprised."

As expected, Ava was waiting for me. "Sir Regal. I presume today's the day?" She asked as she bowed.

"Yes, Ava. Tell Kaspian I'm here with him, please. He'll know." I nodded.

"I'll notify Mr. Bladeheart immediately." She bowed once more.

I turned to see Arthur and Jasmine stunned, Jasmine moreso than Arthur.

"Don't be surprised." I brought up my finger to my lips as we walked in.

"Regal. It's nice to see you again as always." Kaspian said from behind the counter.

"I could say the same, Kas. I'm sure you already know Miss Jasmine Flamesworth," I pointed behind me.

"And I presume this is the one you spoke of?" He looked at Arthur.

"Note." He brought his hand up in a greeting.

I saw the slightest change in his expression before he recovered and brought his attention to me.

"It seems you were right. He is indeed quite interesting."

"Told you so."

"I assume you're sponsoring him for a rank examination?" He asked me.

"Ah, no. I'm gonna be alone on this one. Jasmine?" I gestured to her.

She slid a piece of parchment toward him. "I would like to sponsor him for a rank examination," she said curtly.