Invite

"We're back," I said, a smile crawling itself onto my lips as well.

"Nico, Elijah! They're back!" Arthur called to the two.

Confused, the Twins looked at me curiously.

"Just wait, you two. Let's go."

A few minutes passed as two similar-looking boys joined us in the living room.

I stood up and walked between them.

"Castor, Cyrus, meet Elijah Knight and Nico Sever."

They stood up, bowing in respect.

"We're honored to meet Sir Kuro's acquaintances."

Arthur shot me a glance, noticing their change in attitude over the last year.

I shook my head.

'We'll talk about it later.' Was the signal I sent, to which he clearly understood.

"So who are these guys?" Nico asked as he sat down.

"Twins. Castor and Cyrus Vigo. They were an interesting pair, so I took them under my wing two years ago; a deal I made with their father guaranteeing they would learn the ways of mana."

"Nobles, huh. Are they..."

"Nope," Arthur interrupted. "They're not like other nobles. I've seen it myself."

"Nice to meet you two," Elijah greeted, his hand out for them to shake.

"In any case, Kuro, they're pretty damn strong now. What stage are they at?" Arthur asked, head tilted, hand on his chin as he pondered their strength.

I smiled. "Both at the bottleneck of High Silver. We're expecting a breakthrough either later today or early tomorrow morning. Maybe in a few hours if I speed up the process."

I looked at him. "But I also noticed. That Beast Will of yours is a lot more compatible than it was before, isn't it?"

I placed his hand over his sternum. "Yeah, I felt it for sure; both during the battle with the Elderwood Guardian and just earlier when I was testing Dragon's Awakening and Static Void."

"Interesting. It must be a side effect of Layered Assimilation."

Elijah cut in. "Hold up, layered-what-now?"

"Layered Assimilation. Like the Beast Tamer's Assimilation process but redone multiple times over.

Anyway, what about my Will and Layered Assimilation? What side effect?"

I pondered. Was it really a plausible claim to deduce?

"This is only a theory, but I think Layered Assimilation further increases compatibility with a Beast Tamer's Will.

You were layered five times, including the actual Assimilation process, so it would make sense that your body had become able to handle the Will's power five times easier."

"Which means that I had become further compatible with my Will, which explains the reason behind why I could release my phases easier and longer!" Arthur concluded.

I nodded in confirmation.

"I can't believe I never considered this. Arthur, let me reintegrate mana a few more times into your body, soon, preferably. Twins, you too. I'm gonna reintegrate mana a few more times on you guys as well."

I shook my head.

"But anyway! That's not what we came here for. You guys are ready for the academy, right?"