Subjugation; Last Dungeon

As I spread God's Eye Model: Pinpoint across Dicathen, I began to fine-tune it to mana signatures with Vritra mana using what little the Basilisk Serpent had.

"One, two, three, four."

I flew as fast as I could to the nearest ones, landing right in front of a giant manor.

"50 damned snakes are right behind this door."

I walked up to the door and kicked it in.

"Hello. You don't know me. You don't need to. Also, goodbye."

___________________________________

I walked out of another manor, covered in the blood of Alacryans.

I'd spent the last few hours flying all around Dicathen, raiding Vritra hideouts.

I didn't think it would work, but eating their cores actually helped me assimilate with some of their Vritra DNA.

Vritra mana's pretty damn weird. I've never felt so damn close to snake-related mana beasts.

"Let's see..." I looked up as I searched for more Vritra mana.

I flinched slightly at the sudden overload of Vritra mana about 50 miles directly behind me, in a forest.

Holy shit, what kind of lackey could- wait a minute...

I turned toward the mana and had a deeper analysis of it.

This guy was easily stronger than a White core mage.

That's not any average Alacryan. We've got someone strong on our hands. Definitely a Retainer.

I Burst Stepped my way to the mana signature and used Mirage Walk to hide my presence when I got in range.

Looks like... five people. All of them are pretty competent, but that guy in the middle is definitely the strongest.

But why does he feel kinda familiar?

___________________________________

Uto

"So? Who the hell is killing all of our troops?" I asked these mongrels, my patience unraveling by the second.

"We apologize, Lord Uto. We do not know who is killing off our troops," one said.

I slapped him. "Then find out!" I roared.

"Lord Agrona's orders were to implant the crystals he gave us into the beasts on this continent!

How else are we supposed to take over the continent if our forces are being killed off? Huh?

This is an order. You find whoever killed our men and you bring him to me, or else your heads won't be sitting on your necks. I want him as soon as possible."

"Looks like you're in luck, then," a voice rang out from in the trees.

"Considering I'm right here, why don't you go ahead and give it your best shot?" He said as a masked man walked out into sight.

I shot a Shadow Spike at him, which he dodged with ease.

"Woah, there. You sure lack conversational ability. Not a talker, I see," he taunted.

He's not normal.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked as I passed through some of my troop leaders.

"Well, I'm sure it was obvious, but I'm sure as hell not your ally."

I felt my blood begin to boil in impatience.