Debut Part 2

Kaspian was releasing and creating sharp bullets of wind, near invisible for the human eye. Just cause you can't see 'em doesn't mean you can't dodge 'em though.

By the timing of the thrust to when it had reached Arthur's arm from his previous attack, I was able to gauge the speed the spell travelled.

Pretty fast. It'd be good if it was faster, though. Speaking of fast, I should redevelop that Burst Step thing Arthur remixed from Kordri the Asura. I could probably use it in general, but I'd need to redevelop the technique to fit at least Silver core standards.

Though those Wind bullets moved pretty fast, that was pretty much all it had going for it. While it is pretty fast for Wind magic, it's less than redeeming effect is its simplicity. It only moves in one direction depending on the thrust itself.

A straight thrust makes the magic move straight, and vice versa with pretty much every other move the spell inhibits. The spell's too simple for someone who can see through and take advantage of the holes in it.

He ducked underneath the first bullet of wind as it barely grazed his hair. He parried the second bullet with the flat of his blade, redirecting the spell away. Immediately after, I sensed as he willed mana into his legs and dashed toward Kaspian.

Good move, shortening the distance between them, now that he knows about Kaspian and the long range spell at his disposal. Well, it's not like he doesn't know melee combat won't be any walk in the park either.

Not only did Arthur have a smaller body, he didn't have as much access to mana, and even with the fact that he assimilated with Sylvia's Beast Will, he would only have a single advantage against a veteran AA-class Adventurer with a mana enhanced body; that being the fact that Kaspian has no idea what Arthur has up his sleeve.

He brought his free hand up to his blade, channeling Fire mana as he ran his fingers down the blade, imbuing it with such. He approached Kaspian, swinging down to release an arc of fiery red.

Visible concentration could be seen on Kaspian's face as he willed even more mana into his rapier to the extent that it once more glowed a silvery white. With a powerful swing, he fanned the flames away, which left an ever-so-slight window for Arthur to take advantage of. 

And it looks like he'll make use of that window.

I sensed that mana he gathered into the sole of his left foot as he molded the mana into its proper form.

[Piston Stamp]

The mana he gathered in his foot erupted in a fiery explosion, propelling him directly beside Kaspian.

"How—" was all he could manage. His mouth agape, his rapier was still held up from his defense against the previous attack that he had used as a feint.

Not an optimal position, I guess. He's probably a foot or so ahead of where he intended to be. It's enough to work with, though.

He didn't have enough time to form a spell, so he just strengthened his body with mana as he thrust his sword forward.

However, even as the distance between his blade and Kaspian shortened, I could make out the words that the Guild Hall manager was chanting. "Gather and unleash!"

[Gale's Vortex]

I saw him struggle to just barely rescind his attack and jump away as an intense swirl of airstream burst out from Kaspian, surrounding him in a protective barrier.

Kaspian was hidden from view within the twister of wind and debris, allowing him some time to prepare for the next attack.

The spell was released to reveal Kas, sweating and panting, with his sword arm tucked closely to his side like a snake about to lash out; his left arm was stretched out—palms open—aimed directly at Arthur.

He was obviously chanting as the blade of his rapier began glowing even brighter in silver.

"Pierce those who stand against me!" he roared as his rapier disappeared into a blur of countless thrusts.

[Skyfall Torrent]