Choices; The Nomad's Origin

Kuro

"Hmm..."

A knock at my door brought me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I adjusted my uniform, throwing my coat over my shoulders.

The door slid open and a familiar Elf girl greeted my eyes.

"Tess. I assume you're here for a reason? Feel free to take a seat." I invited her to the chairs at my desk.

"So?"

She looked confident, but also had an anticipating gaze about her.

"Well for starters, I want to thank you for the Beast Will."

I nodded.

"It appears you've met your new master, then. How are you two coming along?"

Tessia closed her eyes and tendrils of vines formed around her body, taking the shape of a young girl that I somehow found familiar despite never seeing before.

"Jade taught me a lot of things regarding my Plant magic."

She smiled, looking at the female construct as it slowly deformed and returned to her pocket.

"Thanks to her, I've almost reached the Light Yellow stage. I don't think anybody could be a better teacher for my magic."

It was expected that her growth would accelerate after properly learning what she can do, but even I could say going from Solid Orange to peak Solid Yellow in the span of less than a year was probably unprecedented in this world.

"I see. You've made quite the improvements to catch up to Arthur. If you keep this up, maybe White core isn't too much of a dream. But regardless, what else did you come to me for?"

There was something about her gaze that gave me an air of insightfulness. She knew she lacked something.

"I'd like a new weapon."

My eyes widened in surprise at her request.

"Well, that was certainly unexpected. I won't ask if you understand what this decision means, since I know you do, but what I don't know is whether you have a good reason."

Despite the white knuckled grip she probably knew was showing, she still spoke with complete and definite confidence in her tone.

"I've realized what I can and can't do at the moment. Jade and I have decided that my bladewand, which should maximize both of my capabilities, just isn't enough."

She's just sounding more and more like Arthur than she thinks. What a match. Kekeke!

"So I guess that means you're more suited to always carrying a weapon, then. I'd probably guess it's like her..?" Even though I was speaking to myself, a hint of curiosity stirred in her eyes.

"Well, I'm sure you know what's best for you as a mage; particularly as a Conjurer. Make good choices, Tess. Let me know if you need anything. I'll even take a request right now."

A deep breath escaped her mouth as if I was some tyrant that would've killed her if she said the wrong words. Cheeky.

"Thank you for hearing me out. I know I'm not exactly your student anymore, but- ouch!"

I karate chopped her big ass forehead and sighed.

"You still have so much to learn, brat. It doesn't matter how excommunicated you might be from my apprenticeship. Once a student, always a student.

The relationship between student and master is akin to parent and child. The moment we crossed swords, we practically became family."

This world is starting to suck more and more.