Return From Adventures

Arthur Leywin

When I'd woken up, I found myself in near unbearable pain. I'd never felt such pain since I fell off that cliff when I was three.

"Urk... What.. happened..?" Was all I could mutter as it hurt to even speak.

I clawed the ground under me in rage.

Lucas Wykes... I'll fucking kill him.

"Note!" Elijah exclaimed, running over to me.

Behind him followed a boy who looked a bit like him and Kuro in his usual disguise.

He felt a bit familiar, like I knew him before, but just met him at the same time.

"Note. It seems you're finally up. Elijah, grab both of his healing crystals and crush one for Jasmine and one for him," Kuro said.

"I'll leave you guys to your conversations while I take care of Samantha. You, with me," he continued as he dragged the familiar-looking boy with him.

"Elijah, let me know when you guys are ready to leave."

He raised a wall in the center of the giant Earth dome, separating us for the moment.

Elijah grabbed my healing crystals and crushed one in front of Jasmine, before turning to me and doing the same.

As the healing mana flowed and my body absorbed it greedily, I felt better by the second.

"Jasmine's breathing is stable now," Elijah said as he took a seat on the ground near me.

"How long have I been out?" I managed as I crawled my way towards the wall.

"I'm not sure, but from what Mister Regal told me, it's been about a day. Take it easy," he stressed as he assisted me to the wall.

After what felt like several minutes, Elijah spoke again. "Just who are you, Note?

You know someone as strong as the Special Class Adventurer Regal, you're powerful enough to fight an Elderwood Guardian and win.

And what's your deal? Your hair turned white! And your eyes turned purple!"

I chuckled.

"Well, I guess that's fair in you wanting to know who I am. But I guess I should ask for equal payment. Who exactly are you, Elijah Knight?"

He sighed. "I guess that's fair. I don't have memories of where I was born, but I was raised in the Kingdom of Darv.

One day, I was just walking around, and then I blacked out. When I woke up, I was surrounded by black spikes.

Ever since that moment, I was sent to Sapin to gain experience and make a name for myself.

The only way I saw other than attending Xyrus Academy, which is basically impossible, was to become an Adventurer, so I did.

For some reason, I don't need to refine my core, either. I do that passively."

As we heard a loud snore come from Jasmine, we couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get sentimental there."

I waved it off. "It's alright."

"So who are you, Note?" He asked as we calmed down.

"Well, I'm sure you'd like to know that. I'm Arthur Leywin. I turned eleven a few months ago, and I'm a Quadra-Elemental mage with two Deviancies and a Contracted Beast."

"What the- Ouch!" Elijah knocked his head on the wall as he shot up.

"Jeez, I thought I was the freak, but I guess I was wrong," he said as he rubbed his head.