1: Only the Beginning

⎔⎔⎔

"You're fucking joking, right?" He hissed, throwing the folder onto the desk. His underling jumped back slightly, unlucky to witness his outburst. He smashed his hands on the wooden desk, hearing a loud crack coming from it.

Whatever; he needed a new desk anyway.

"I'm sorry, sir. We tried to stop them but they had an escape plan." the poor man said out, clearly doing his best to keep his voice as stable as he could. A chuckle bubbled out of the boss's mouth, tasting bitter in his mouth. "Try harder next time, yeah? They've been fucking up our plans continuously for the past year now! We look like a fucking joke to them, Mr. Kim!" He yelled at the bastard, nodding toward his door. "Get the fuck out."

The man was quick to follow his order, the door slamming shut within seconds. He crashed down on the chair behind him, angry exhaled coming out of his nose. "Chae fucking Hyungwon. I will choke you the next time I see you," he muttered out, hands squeezing into fists.

Chae Hyungwon, or as Wonho liked to call him, Princess. Currently, he was the leader of the Black Crown and more frustrating than anyone Wonho had ever had the displeasure of meeting. He thought of himself so highly. He acted like he owned the city and everyone in it; including Wonho. Although undeniably beautiful, the man was ruthless, cold, and blood-thirsty even if he was rarely out on the field himself. Many of Wonho's men that he had sent to tail the man disappeared out of the blue only to have their bodies found on the outskirts of Seoul or washed up on a beach. The leader did all the dirty work behind the wall of men he had.

Wonho had met him in person only a few times that was not on a battlefield. The leader held his head high, looking down at everyone, literally due to his height. And just from the first meeting, Wonho knew; there was no fixing this war between their groups unless Hyungwon wanted that. So far, he didn't seem too willing and with that, he lost his willingness too.

If he just could squeeze every last inch of breath out of the younger man, he would. And he would do it immediately.

The door opened suddenly and in walked a familiar man whose presence was honestly a relief. "What is it Kihyun?" He asked as the man walked over to his desk, placing down a new folder. "Nothing, really. I know you're stressed but I got this from some contacts from Busan." The younger spoke and the leader grabbed the folder and opened it.

I was about another gang moving to Seoul so he closed it and nodded his head. "Thanks. I'll look into this soon." he just said and placed it down with a deep sigh. "Can you look into Chae's activities? I want to avoid his territory for now because I will slaughter him if I see him." "Consider it done, boss." Kihyun chuckled and walked to the door.

"Go home tonight, will you? You've stayed up for three nights by now and I'm saying this as your right hand; you'll drop dead before Chae does at this rate." The man laughed and walked out, closing the door behind him. His eyes wandered to the clock on his desk. It was already nearing seven and Kihyun was right. he had stayed up for way too long. "Just a few more hours. Then go home." It was always a few more hours that turned into four, six, seven... Until he decided he didn't want to drop dead until Chae did. That wasn't an option; the other would consider himself and his family the winners of this fight. Which they were not.

He did as he promised and was out of the headquarters building at eight-thirty. He could've stayed in the sleeping area there and not risked his life venturing out, but he enjoyed the comfort of his apartment better. It was more secure for him to stay there and he wouldn't risk his men's lives.

He was about to get into his car when his phone started ringing. He took it out from the pocket of his jacket, raising his eyebrows at the unknown number. He accepted the call bringing the device to his ear. "Shin Wonho, who is this?" He asked, getting into the driver's seat of his car.