4: Quack

⎔⎔⎔

The door closed after he was set down on the floor, desperately gripping at his bleeding thigh. It hurt worse than anything he had felt before and he wasn't able to hold in the tears. He'd definitely have to work on that.

Panicking would be the worst thing to do, but there he was nonetheless.

It's his first time on the field all by himself and he gets stabbed and loses the target to the enemy. Great start to his career. He was supposed to become a leader one day. How could he if he was this easy to eliminate?

A fight had broken out at the party he was at and he would've definitely had just been squashed in the crowd of people had it not been for someone swiftly dragging him away. He wasn't able to focus on who it was and where they were going. It could've easily been an enemy dragging him off to be killed in secret.

But the knife went into his artery anyway, he would've bled out within a short period of time even if no one helped him. So he was going to die either way if that was what was going to happen.

He could put the blame on his father for agreeing to send his seventeen-year-old son alone, but Hyungwon himself had been confident in that he could do it. It was just a simple stake-out mission. No fighting was needed, or that had been the plan, and he could just remain in the shadows, observing.

"Hey, calm down." A soft voice spoke to him and he just let out a pained wince as a response, shaking his head. Firm hands grabbed the sides of his head, holding it still. "Look at me." The stranger requested and it took a moment for Hyungwon to focus his eyes on him. There was a handsome boy in front of him with a kind grin on his lips, and he was in a dimly lit room bleeding out from his femoral artery. 

"Okay, great, you're still aware. I need you to keep it compressed. I'm gonna look for a first aid kit in here, yeah?" the boy spoke softly, which honestly helped Hyungwon to relax and got him to nod his head. "Am I gonna die?" he let out quietly in the haze of worry, earning a small chuckle. The stranger's lips curved into a comforting smile again as he shook his head. "Don't be silly, Princess."

"Don't call me that." Hyungwon let out, hissing when the other pressed on his hands that were on his thigh. "Just like that. Just don't panic, that's the worst thing you could do." The other stated as if he was a medical professional, ignoring his words, before getting up and walking out of Hyungwon's line of sight.

Hyungwon glanced down at his bloodied hands, heaving out a weak, shaky sigh. He wasn't squeamish to blood. He had often fixed up cuts and gunshot wounds that the other members came back with but he had never had to patch himself up from this kind of a wound. Even with what knowledge he had on the human body and medical shit he probably would make it worse if he was all alone.

"Okay. They don't have much, but it should be enough." The other boy came back with a bag of first-aid supplies. "You still with me?" he asked and Hyungown raised his head to look at the other, nodding a little bit. He felt a tad dizzy, but that was about it. "Great. You can move your hands now."

At that, Hyungwon shook his head, leaning on the wall. If he let go, the blood would just pour out from the vein. His helper let out a small sigh, grabbing the bloody hands and pulling them off of the wound. Hyungwon felt him halt for a moment, so he just glanced at the other.

He was holding his right hand, staring at the tattoo on the back of his hand and Hyungwon could see the guy mouth a swear. "I'm doing this against everything I stand for, so you better be grateful, Princess." Hyungwon's mouth parted at the realization. This guy was his enemy. The same boy he had seen plowing through those guards a few months back and that his father scolded him for asking about him.