7: Pros and cons

⎔⎔⎔

"Have you gone mad?" Kihyun frowned at him deeply and crossed his arms. Wonho hummed softly, shaking his head. "I know, it sounds crazy. But I'm serious." he defended his case, calmly leaning back in his office chair.

"Fucking hell. Never in my years of doing this did I think you'd suggest this, Wonho." The leader rubbed his glabella a little bit. He understood where the other was coming from, but for once he felt like this was more than just the correct choice.

"As much as I too, hate Chae, we really have no other way. He definitely has information he's not willing to share without a mutual agreement." he reasoned with a soft sigh and shook his head. Kihyun gave him an odd look. "We have literal hacking experts to dig everything up." the younger stated, flailing his hands a little bit.

"I don't hate the idea." Minhyuk finally spoke up, raising his gaze from the paper he was writing on. His comment made the bickering pair stop and turn to him. "What?" Kihyun let out in a low tone. "You're never one to comment on anything like this so why now?" he then added with a huff and rolled his eyes.

Minhyuk cleared his throat slightly, scratching his nose. "Well. When you compare the pros and cons of this situation, there are more of the pros." He explained calmly, glancing down at his paper. He raised his fist, putting one finger up and wiggling it around a little bit. "Wonho explained how we could get new info with the agreement so that's one. Not only that, but we'd also get a temporary ally ship from which we could milk everything we can, weapons and drugs included which could raise our stocks. Chae has a large organization and skilled soldiers under his rule, not to mention his ties to most police stations in Seoul. We'd practically be invincible for as long as we remain civil with him." Minhyuk listed without a chance for anyone to interrupt as he raised his fingers with every point he made, continuing to wiggle them. He then turned to Kihyun and smiled widely at him. "Whether we like it or not, Chae Hyungwon and the Black Crown is more than just a good ally. A perfect ally if I may."

Minhyuk was surprisingly open to the idea and just like Kihyun, it slightly surprised Wonho when he agreed when he usually waited for the last word. The way the man phrased everything just convinced Wonho more of his idea. He had thought it through shortly before and knew he'd want to go through with it no matter what, but Minhyuk's list just made him even more sure of it. It also seemed like Minhyuk could have discussed this topic with someone else too since his speech sounded very much planned.

Kihyun's chest puffed up a little as he drew in a sharp breath and grabbed Minhyuk's hand, bending his fingers back down. Someone didn't appreciate the wiggling. He was still frowning, but the expression had softened. "And the cons?" The youngest then asked, closing his eyes for a short moment. The third man clearly wasn't convinced yet like the other two.

Minhyuk lowered his hand with a small shrug. "We get nothing out of it or Chae doesn't do his part. Maybe both," he stated honestly, fingers gently tapping at the desk they were seated at. "We might lose some money on the way, but it is only a temporary agreement. The positive weight out the negatives."

"And I can make the contract so, that if we want to, either side can break it if they deem that appropriate." The leader explained to Kihyun. His addition seemed to help convince the frowning man. Wonho wasn't exactly fully aware of what had caused Kihyun's hatred toward the Chaes.

The two different groups had offered his right-hand man's family positions back in the day but eventually, only Kihyun appeared at their doorstep, head down asking for a roof over his head.

But whatever it was, it's likely was justifiable.

"If the three of us are unanimous on this, we won't need to bring it up in a meeting. I already suggested to Chae that we could make the deal private as he seemed highly skeptical about it too." Wonho explained. He didn't mind if the deal went public but as of now, he thought the privacy would be better for all of them.