12: A Gift

slight gore in this chapter, but i feel like a warning is still needed. and maybe prepare some tissues?

ps. i had "mountains" by message to bears playing while i wrote it. give it a listen if you wanna!

⎔⎔⎔

To no one's surprise, the meeting that was held in Hyungwon's office had been tense. Mostly between the two leaders due to the clash, they had just merely an hour ago. Hyungwon had tried his best to ignore the bitterness of the air, but Wonho's sour face ruined his mood.

Nonetheless, they were going to continue according to the plan that had been made up previously. Of course, now with the knowledge of Son's schedule, there was no need to endlessly scour the city to find the man and follow him, but now they could start tailing him immediately, which allowed them to move forward faster.

It felt weird watching his men get ready for a mission without him. It would be one of the few times when they would be separated on a job and without a mutual group leader. Hyungwon wanted to trust Shin's men to lead them forward well, but the uncertainty was caused by distrust in the enemy. 

They knew nothing about Son Ilsang's personality and exact methods of work. Maybe he already knew, that they were doing this and would be prepared. Maybe all of Shownu's info was a red herring in order to give The Oblivion and Son Ilsang to the chance slip back into the shadows

"Don't look so worried, boss." Changkyun chuckled as he pulled on a bulletproof vest. Hyungwon then rolled his eyes a little and shook his head. "I'm not worried. It's just strange to not work together on the field," he stated honestly, glancing at Jooheon who eagerly nodded in agreement.

"Definitely, but we'll be fine and you're on the other end of the line anyway so just chill." Changkyun gave him a light punch on the shoulder while grinning widely. The leader chuckled lowly, tensing up when an arm wrapped around his shoulder.  Seemed like they were more than happy to go out without him. "Yeah, exactly, Chae. Chill."

He turned his head, immediately frowning at the sight of Wonho next to him. He pushed the elder's hand off his shoulders, clearing his throat a little bit and straightening his posture. "Anyways. Follow the plan and don't wander off, no matter what. I don't want any unneeded injuries, okay? And listen to the team leaders." he spoke, ignoring the other man's presence next to him. Was there something Wonho needed? Or did he come to just annoy the living shit out of him once more?

"The longer you're in charge, the more you really start sounding like your dad," Jooheon then stated making Hyungwon roll his eyes again. Jesus, that's the last comparison he needed to hear. He felt old enough already. "Fuck off. Just don't act up." he huffed before turning on his heels and walking off. Before he could walk too far he heard the yes sir from both men.

Hyungwon walked to the elevator, immediately noticing the footsteps behind him. "Did you talk to your guys?" He asked the other leader as he pressed the button for the elevator. Wonho stopped right next to him, arms crossed. "Yes. I trust that they will do a good job with or without me."

Hyungwon just hummed, glancing at the slightly shorter man. "I sure hope so. Otherwise, we'll have issues," he added, stepping into the elevator when the doors opened. He glanced at the buttons on the wall, gaze stopping momentarily on the button to close the doors but before he could make a move for it the other man walked in.

Letting out a small huff, he accepted the situation pressing the button for his office floor. "You're so much pettier than I expected," Wonho spoke up again, leaning on the metallic wall. The younger stared forward at the doors, just shrugging. "I can't clock you in the nose so this will do."